FS (or trade): Tokyo Marui SR16

Discussion in 'Sold/Expired Classifieds' started by Bostitch, Feb 4, 2016.

1. Bostitch

Bostitch Well-Known Member

Waldorf
    Rules:
    -All items are described to the best of my ability
    -Paypal, trade, or face to face transactions ONLY
    -Shipping will be USPS unless you request otherwise
    -Once items have left my hands I am no longer responsible for them
    -In trade you ship first. If we have equal or your feedback is higher, we can arrange to ship at the same time.
    -Prices are OBO but please be reasonable with offers.
    ---------
    Trades accepted (in order of preference):
    - Trademarked HK 416 (AEG or GBB)
    - GBBR M4 style gun (KWA LM4, WE M4, etc)
    -G36 packages
    ---------
    So what I have up for sale today is a Tokyo Marui SR16

Ok...what is a Tokyo Marui SR16?
    For those of you who know, I need not say more....for those of who DON'T know, Tokyo Marui was the first (and still is the most premier) airsoft gun manufacturer out there. What I have up for sale is a prime example of what makes them the best. The SR16 gives you an *almost* M4 length package while being able to accept a large battery. It has an A2 style full stock with a carbine length full metal RIS system up front coupled with an m4 length outer barrel (14.5"). This brings the overall length to just over that of an M4 with the stock fully extended.

So what's so special about this one?
    Other than it being a Toky Marui, it is lightly modified using high quality parts. From what I could see, it has the following mods/upgrades:
    - Upgraded poly carb spring guide with ball bearings
    - Upgraded poly carb piston and piston head with ball bearings
    - Upgraded spring (progressive rate - unsure of brand or fps, as I have no working chrono or coke cans at the moment. My guess though, around 350-375fps)
    - Upgraded metal bushings (glued in place)
    - Wired to deans

Aside from the above, this gun still retains the magical stock TM hopup and barrel, and has been shimmed to perfection. This gun shoots hard, far, and is as smooth as any factory TM!

What about the condition of it?
    Now I am not the first owner of this gun, so I don't know the full history, but after looking at the internals and everything else on the gun, it appears to have not been used much at all (i.e. low round count). To me, it looks like it was used more as a centerpiece than a skirmish/game gun. The gearbox was still exceptionally clean and did not show any visible wear or indicators that it has a high round count.

The good:
    - It's a Tokyo Marui
    - Shoots amazing and functions flawlessly
    - Has full and unmollested trademarks
    - Lightly modified to perfection
    - Tokyo Marui EG1000 motor

The bad:
    - At some point, one of the previous owners decided that instead of tightening the stock bolt, the stock needed to be glued to the lower receiver. I'm sure the bond can be broken, I just don't want to be the one to try it.
    - The infamous and all too common rear lower receiver hole crack (which looks like it has actually been plastic welded)

Now don't let the bad throw you off (though this is also why the price is fairly low for a TM)..despite the above, this gun still looks amazing and is a solid beast. If I actually played as often as I liked, I would not hesitate to use this gun in a game.

So why are you selling it then?
    Well...I actually bought the gun as a non-firing project for the sole purpose of getting back up and running. Luckily, she just needed a little love and to be put back together the right way. I originally had plans of getting a metal body for it and turning it into a MK18, but I quickly realized that since the "older" TM guns are getting harder and harder to find, and actually turning into collectors items, I would be better off keeping it as is instead of turning it into a frankengun. That being said, as much as I love TM guns, I love HK guns even more...so I am actually looking to get rid of this and acquire an HK 416 in it's place.

So lets get down to the nitty gritty then...
    the gun will come in the original Toky Marui box with an M16 carry handle and one hi-cap magazine. Brand new, if you can find one in stock, the gun retails for around $350 before shipping...I would like to get $210 SHIPPED for this one. I will also accept trades for a metal body trademarked HK 416 AEG or GBB, or any other M4 style GBBR (KWA LM4, etc).

As always, feel free to send me any offers you think are reasonable...the worst I will do is say no!

tl:dr? Don't worry...I got you covered:
    Lightly modified TM SR16. Functions perfect. Has rear lower receiver hole crack that has been plastic welded and full stock is glued on the receiver. Still completely structurally sound. Wired to deans. Comes with TM box, m16 carry handle, and hi-cap mag. $210 shipped or even trade for metal body trademarked HK 416 (aeg OR gbb), GBBR M4 style gun, or g36 package.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 10, 2016
  2. Bostitch

Waldorf
    bump bump, apparently I forgot to add that I am also interested in GBB M4's as trades.

As always the asking price is somewhat negotiable, so feel free to send any reasonable offers!

3. Bostitch

Waldorf
    bump bump, also accepting G36 packages of comparable value. Shoot me an offer!

4. Bostitch

Waldorf
    Price dropped to 210 shipped. Don't be scared guys! This is an awesome rifle that is getting harder and harder to find...perfect for the collector OR the player who wants something that shoots amazing and is unmistakably reliable.

5. Bostitch

Waldorf
    Bumpity...make an offer! Someone has to want to join the master race club...

6. Bostitch

Waldorf
    Bump...210 shipped will now include a total of 4 hicap mags. One src mag, one lonex flashmag, one hakkotsu umag, and one unknown plastic hicap. That's the gun and 4 hicaps for 210 shipped. If you need a battery to get you started i can probably toss one in too, though it would be a low quality acm one that i would highly recommend replacing at your earliest convenience.

7. Bostitch

Waldorf
    Bump. ..190 shipped OBO. This is a great price on a great gun...