Full auto in semi!!! Polar star

Discussion in 'General Airsoft Discussion' started by jarhead88, Oct 18, 2012.

1. jarhead88

jarhead88 New Member

new york
    I run at a great indoor CQB field on Long Island and it is semi only, which I like and believe is better for indoors. you can move around more and play the game better...that is my feelings.
    I have seen a quick surge of polar star rifles at my field... I hear they are great as far as maintenance and I see how well they fire..... but I am playing against these guys and it is like playing against someone on full auto, they are firing rounds in semi so fast...so fast... (at first I was jealous, lol)

But is this good for the game...? now everyone is allowed to get them but not everyone can afford it.... they seem to be great weapons but it is basically playing against full auto... the other day someone was laying suppressing fire down on us so we could not leave a room and it sounded like full auto...

is this a good thing..? in a sport that is more milsim based is this closer to the real thing or further...

what are your thoughts.....????

2. Axis

Axis New Member Supporting Member

Tell the players with the Polar Stars to delay their shots and to not pull the trigger rapidly. If they make an excuse, give them examples of when they've laid down suppressive fire using only semi. Make sure to have the rest of the AEG users back you up.

3. jarhead88

jarhead88 New Member

new york
    sounds good but will never happen... it's tough to monitor..

4. Njnewland

Njnewland New Member Lifetime Supporter

Cherryville
    It's their own gun, you can't tell them what they can/can't do with it. Would you want to limit your guns performance?
    You can upgrade your AEG to have instant trigger response as well. (For fairly cheap, I might add)

That being said, there is a feature in the p* that allows you to delay the time before it will "cycle" again.

5. GreenListerine

GreenListerine New Member

Upgrade your aeg to safely use 11.1v lipo and make a hair trigger..

6. Protectionperfection

Protectionperfection New Member

Worcester
    P*s are hard to do antyhing with. People spent all that money to get a gun that can perform that way. You cant tell them no tot use it. As NJ said, would you want to limit your guns performance?
    Yes I would love to limit my guns abilities, said no one ever.
    Many fields in MA have banned P*s especially since a company Outlaw Airsoft is coming out with paintball triggers for them to fire even faster. P* is getting pathetic and turning our sport into paintball speedball. I owned a P* and they are cool but you still have a tank and a line. It is still paintball without the mess.
    You dont have many choices other than to ask them if they would kindly limit their weapons or have the field talk to them maybe.

7. Star_folder

Star_folder New Member

Lexington
    First thought is that the same can be done with AEGs. A push button mosfet like the new Chimera, ASCU, or the old AWS fets would provide instant trigger response. Put those with some 10:1 gears, a good torque motor, and an 11.1v or 14.8v and you'll be finishing the cycle before you can complete a trigger pull, even if the pull is only 1mm. It still costs money. Why couldn't lots of people show up with guns like that instead of P*s?

Second though is that guns are limited, DMRs are limited to semi auto. You think if I could use my L85 in full auto, I wouldn't? Heck yeah I would, That's SOOOOOOOO much more powerful than just semi auto, even if I can feather the trigger like it's nothing.

My suggestion is to figure out a way to beat it, or build your own gun that can match it. It can be done for considerably cheaper than the cost of a P*, even if you include the tech work costs of finding someone to do it for you.

8. AirsoftimusPrime

AirsoftimusPrime New Member

Satellite Beach
    P* users have a limitation of extra bulk due to a tank- and Airsoft was never meant to be a fair sport between 2 players with 2 different guns.

9. jarhead88

jarhead88 New Member

new york
    I agree, you can't stop them from using their weapon they spend money on.. I'm just saying it is getting to a point that they are not really "semi"..... I mean these guys are good with it, it is coming out fast.. and i heard about the paintball double trigger thing too.... that would be wild..
    My point is that we are not leaving "Milsim" and going towards "speedball"... if we are a sport of tactics and simulated scenarios than this doesn't exactly fit...

10. Protectionperfection

Worcester
    P* is getting away from MilSim though. No MilSim player has a P* because an air rig, line and tank is not part of a real MilSim game. P* are getting banned around the US because people cheat with them. they set their reg higher after chrono to hit harder and they mess with their FCU and make it so that they hit 30 rps at teh push of a button and toss a box mag on their m4 to call it a support rifle. Its getting ridiculous. I wish P* would focus some of their energy into making a CO2 blow back rifle instead of a paintball gun. They have the technology but they sell more because its the cross over from paintball. Every single P* user I have seen on the field just dumps rounds down range. They are turning this sport of tactics into speedball. I personally cant stand them, like I said I owned one because it was the first of its kind and I wanted to use my Masada again and didnt want to wait 8 months for a replacement gear box.

11. jarhead88

jarhead88 New Member

new york

I understand that... "can't beat them.. join them" I am just thinking is there a point where it won't be fun for the other guys... because it is tough to play against them...
    I have a VFC PDW.. it is great.. I run an 11.1 and it cycles fast in semi.. but nothing like them... so I got a ASCU MOSFET and i just got my Speed Trigger... when i install them it will be much closer.. so i will be good.. but what about everyone else.. I am just thinking of the regular player that will eventually get frustrated at not being able to compete and loose interest...

I saw it in the R/C world years ago... people got frustrated and it died around here..

Listen.. I know it is not all about bbs down range, tactically you can beat anyone with the right maneuvering.. but not everyone can do that or know what to do.. i tried to get players from sitting in the back of the field, to advance forward and they hesitated, it was hard for them to move against a couple of p*'s with high cap mags... (these are the younger or beginners mostly)

Remember.. I'm first coming from a jealous point, would love to fire semi so fast, but then it comes from a what about everyone else.. will it get too much...

12. jarhead88

jarhead88 New Member

new york
    Dude... I couldn't agree more... your point on the line and tank is also very true.. and far from milsim.. and the point on FPS.. interesting. I forgot it can be changed.. last time I was at the field players were complaining about being hit very hard, thinking someone's gun has to be too hot..I didn't think so because they are careful checking everyone when they enter the field but i had two hits bleeding last time... but that is a big point.. is there away for fields to lock down the FPS once they chrono??? I don't own a P* that is why I ask..

Is this turning into speedball??? because tactical is what I like.. following the game type is what makes it fun...

13. Protectionperfection

Worcester
    They sell locking regulators and some fields require you to put their custom locking covers on or they will zip tie your personal one... At Blacksheep's OP Pine Planes there were many instances of people upping their regulators after chrono. P* employees were there and actually were showing the easy way to cheat. By makring the regulator a cetrain way to be turned up and down quickly.
    Systema is slowly working their way up the cheating scales as well. With how fast you can change the pieces in a Systema people carry the high fps piece with tehm and change it on the field.
    Im not talking about the problem of taking shots at over 150 ft., im takling about CQB under 100 ft. shots with 50+ FPS above regulation.

By adding the paintball trigger what else could that lead to? faster shooting, more rounds down range, all with the same mods?
    I am 100% for getting rid of P* at real events and fields... This is coming from someone who owned one so I know how awesome they are and how fun they are. I still want them banned or at least better regulated

14. jarhead88

jarhead88 New Member

new york
    To the opposite side of it.. i have been using an MP7 green gas primary my last couple of times out and that is the total other side of things.. here I am with way less rounds on me being much more selective when i pull the trigger... i carry 5 mags of 40 rounds each.. way less then most guys.. but it is much closer to milsim. Someone said that to me a while ago (that he hated High cap mags and used a gas weapon) and i didn't get it but now i understand why he was the way he was.. now i get it... it definitely makes you more tactical and careful not to waste rounds.. like the real thing...
    In the Marines I couldn't carry 1000 rounds on me when i was training... so we trained more strategic.. the way it should be....

Maybe the answer is limit the rounds, only us "Low-cap" mags.. make guys think more and work as a team to accomplish missions.. not just spill as many bbs at the enemy as possible...

15. jarhead88

jarhead88 New Member

new york
    Coming from someone that owns one that means a lot.. and for the company itself being there and showing owners how to cheat is just out of line and the company should realize what it's employees are doing... Cheaters will always be around (just watch my videos and see all the no hit calls on some of them) but making it so easy for someone to increase the fps which could really hurt someone is bad, something to be banned for doing...

I will make this mod to my VFC PDW and see what happens but I really like using my MP7.. the realism of less round available, being able to pull the mag and check rounds left in it is great.. and the feel of blow back is always special... but it is hard to compete against those guns...

16. Protectionperfection

Worcester
    I am looking to get the GBBR kit for my Masada and tha twill run owcap mags or at the most 50-60 rounds. Thats half of the normal midcap. and will be a huge change...

17. jarhead88

jarhead88 New Member

new york
    absolutely.. my son wanted the Masada bad, settled for the XCR, which he loves, you will love the feel of the GBBR.. I operate very differently between the MP7 and the PDW... more selective with the shots. even though i have 5 mags I find myself never going beyond 2 or 3.. you pick your shots.. which is more like what i remember my military train was like... unless we were open field training, suppressing enemy forces....

I think the 2 biggest things that should change (at least at my field, maybe others do it) is:
    1. Go back to 30-60 second respawn (we used to have it) make players think about running and gunning. make them sit out if they want to go all rambo and go hit for hit... (which is becoming more present at my field)
    2. Limit the ammo you can take into a game.. make players be careful with their ammo.... like the real thing...... some of the best rounds have been pistol only.... those were cool...

that way P* players can use their weapon but think twice about ripping it all down range....