Full Metal or Part/Full ABS

Discussion in 'What Gun Should I Get?' started by llbb010, Jul 18, 2012.

1. llbb010

llbb010 New Member

Which one is better?

2. Jelly

Jelly New Member

San Jose
    Depends which metal. I'd pick a high quality polymer over potmetal, but if it's good metal, I'd pick that over plastic.

3. theonlyBuster

theonlyBuster Active Member Lifetime Supporter

S. Florida
    Two things it depends on; Jelly already touched base on one.
    A. Type of metal/polymer in question
    B. Weight of the gun
    Bonus: Depends what the original real-steel counter part is made of

Seeing as Jelly spoke about the first, I'll talk about weight. But let me first say, it's not just the metal, but also the polymer is in question also. There are cheap plastics out there

Metal guns weigh more. Simple as that. If you're up for a few extra pounds, go for it. If not, well no big deal, invest in some good quality polymer/"plastic". My metal CQB M4 and plastic full sized M4 are about 5 pounds different in weight... The CQB weighs more unloaded than my full sized with optics and accessories. It's not a big deal, except for long games on hot days, where I'm running around with 80 pounds of gear and water.

Also remember, not all guns are metal. When I first started I spent 4 months looking for a metal G36C, only to find out they didn't exist because the real steel version is polymer.

4. llbb010

llbb010 New Member

Okay good to know, thanks! What are the best of both materials? Aluminum? Anddddd ABS?

5. theonlyBuster

theonlyBuster Active Member Lifetime Supporter

S. Florida
    It's not really which is a better material, it's more or less how the manufacture molded the gun. Sometimes they'll have the material too thin so it flexes and breaks easily. It's really a case by case basis. But I will say, overall build quality has been getting more and more reliable throughout the years, but every so often I see a cheaply built gun wondering around the field.

6. llbb010

llbb010 New Member

[QUOTE=" I see a cheaply built gun wondering around the field.[/QUOTE]

Haha yeah like a Walmart gun :)