Full Metal Pistol

Discussion in 'What Gun Should I Get?' started by DonkeyPenis, Jun 2, 2015.

1. DonkeyPenis

DonkeyPenis New Member

I have about a $80 budget. I could spend more but I really don't want to lol. :D

I've found a few but if you guys have recommendations please let me know because I don't know anything about airsoft guns.

I'm more focused on Full metal and a realism of the gun rather than the FPS but if the FPS is also high that's a huge + as well.

The only gun I could find was...
    WG M9 Elite 331 Full Metal Airsoft CO2 Gas Blowback - Black

2. Fyzix

Fyzix Fyzzy Was Here. Supporting Member

Garland
    Why do you need high FPS?

Have you thought about looking used? If I was you, I'd check the classifieds, eBay, Craigslist, Reddit (/r/airsoftmarket) and/or Facebook regularly, as really great deals pop up every once in a while. You'll be most likely to find a KJW or WE (gross) at that price, but every once in a while, a TM drops down below $100.

/E1 Since I know you'll have questions...

With your price range, a KJW would probably be ideal (Sit around $120 new, drop as low as $50 used). Great little shooters, and they're fully TM compatible.

As for WE, it's a hit or miss. $120-150 new, $90-120ish used. They're fully TM compatible, but they produce a LOT of lemons. Not sure why they're so popular...

TM is the god gun of airsoft (imo). $150-200 new, $80(rarely)-400 used. They excell at range, gas consumption, accuracy etc. Extremely good for a stock pistol. The only drawback is that externally, they're completely plastic. However, Guarder full metal body kits ARE available (Hence the potential $200 increase in used TMs) I myself am a TM fanboy. I've had nothing but love for the TM replicas I've owned (a TM Desert Eagle, Hi-Capa, M14 and now a G36). Can't recommend them enough. However, they're a damn good ways out of your price range.

/E2 BTW, your username cracked me up. :p

Last edited: Jun 2, 2015

3. DonkeyPenis

DonkeyPenis New Member

FPS ISN'T a huge importance to me. The realism and feel and weight of the gun is much more important :)

4. Fyzix

Garland
    I see. Well, if you can find any of the three brands I listed above, you'll be off on a fairly good foot. Take WE as a last resort. You'll find the best deals used. Sometimes I see KJWs + mags and accessories go for $100 or so, which is a pretty damn good deal.

5. DonkeyPenis

DonkeyPenis New Member

6. Fyzix

Garland
    WG is alright, I guess.... Haven't really heard anything bad about them, (Then again, I've never even thought about getting into Co2...) but it does shoot very, very high. Like... 'You shouldn't be shooting that at people' high. Fields will turn you away, and it has the potential to be quite dangerous.

7. DonkeyPenis

DonkeyPenis New Member

I see, How come you've never been a fan of c02?

8. Rushin

Rushin Well-Known Member

Kalamazoo

It's expensive, shoots too hot, puts extra wear on your gun, stupid gassing up procedure, Co2 pistols also tend to be much lower quality and less aftermarket parts.

It's just a bad idea all around, propane is much cheaper, easier to get, and way better guns run propane.

9. Fyzix

Garland
    This.

Propane/GG pistols may be more expensive to start on ($100 + $30 for a Propane adapter + ~$20 per mag, but it'd definitely much cheaper in the long run.

10. Rushin

Rushin Well-Known Member

Kalamazoo

You can get quite a few WE pistols (I like them fine, others disagree) for around 80 bucks. I've personally owned some and they're fine for their price point. The startup costs for GG is definitely more though.

11. DonkeyPenis

DonkeyPenis New Member

Last edited: Jun 3, 2015
  12. Rushin

Rushin Well-Known Member

Kalamazoo
  13. DonkeyPenis

DonkeyPenis New Member

F IT.

Can you find me the best full metal pistol for $130? There are websites doing 20% and 25% off so I might as well increase my budget. Thanks <3

14. Rushin

Rushin Well-Known Member

Kalamazoo

There'll be no "best" pistol in that range that's full metal, they'll all just be good or mediocre, so they're all the same. If you were willing to get a polymer one, Tokyo Marui would be the best.

15. Fyzix

Garland
    Get on Evike or AirsoftGI and search for 'KJW'. Anything they make will be good. Internals don't matter, it's just what your external preference is.

http://www.evike.com/shop/21_45/241
    http://www.airsoftgi.com/advanced_s...ds=KJW&sort=2a&inc_subcat=1&categories_id=151

Personally, I'm a HUGE fan of 1911s, Hi-Capas and P226s, so that's what I'd go for myself, but follow your taste buds. You won't regret it.

The only KJW I'd recommend staying away from is the MK1. Had one for a few days. Annoying AF to take down, put back together, was ugly as hell and EVERYTHING was freaking plastic. Traded it away ASAP.