Full metal "scorpion" 1911 pistol

Discussion in 'Gas Powered Guns' started by stroop66, Sep 18, 2012.

1. stroop66

stroop66 New Member

Let me say at first this gun is amazing! This will be a mini-review and this thread is mostly to see what you guys thoughts are on the gun.

This gun is made by a company called ignite. From what i know they have just recently popped up in my walmart about a couple weeks ago. So, im going to start off with the specs (this is from the box)

It is 450 fps with .12s and i just got to test fire the gun today with .20s and man can this gun shoot! It has a full Metal slide. Runs off of 12g co2 cartridges, but i think it is possible to buy a green gas mag for it. It even has full functioning blow back! It has all the "real feel" function of the "real steel". It has an ambidextrous safety switch located up and to the right of your thumbs placement. It has a 6.08mm metal sights, and adjustable rear sight. Adjustable hop up. It even has the skeleton trigger. This gun is running for approximately 75 dollars at walmart.

My first impressions. It is very sturdy! and everything they say about the gun is true! i love it! it has great FPS, it has a THREADED barrel!! The slide is easy enough to take apart for maintnance, hop up, etc. They did a very good job with this gun!

I give this gun ***** (5 stars) out of ***** (5 Stars) for the price of 75 dollars i even think it beat my WE MEU 1911 from a while ago. I also give this :):):):):) out of :):):):):) of satisfaction with my purchase. I would recommend this gun to ANY one.

The Ignite series so far has been GREAT! I am looking to get more of the ignite guns just to see how they compare! Even go take a look at there m4 at walmart!

I am looking to do more reviews, but since this is my first review i dont know where they go. So please no gripeing on me about that all i need is one comment on where to put review thanks. tell me what you think about the review and what i need to add/change.

Thanks again for looking

2. Hartman96

Hartman96 New Member

Woodville
    What is the range with .20s?
    Have you done any stress testing? I've heard they like to break.
    How acurate is it?
    How many mags on 1 CO2 cartrage?
    Did you check the FPS on a chrono?

3. stroop66

stroop66 New Member

The range with .20s is acually pretty decent. i dont know exact but its really good. I have not done any stress test because i dont know how to. Its really accurate! It can do about 3 on full pressure but then 1 with low pressure. I dont have a chrono but i did the can test and its about 400 fps.

4. marine121496

marine121496 Wahahaha~ Supporting Member

Ann Arbor
    Dude you gave almost no information and just used relative terms like *good* *really* *pretty decent* come back when you have real info please.

5. stroop66

stroop66 New Member

If you didnt notice, its a *mini-review*. Please read, before you comment. Im going to do a full review of my G&G CM16 either today, or this weekend.

EDIT: sorry forgot commas.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2012
  6. marine121496

Ann Arbor
    Mini reviews still should be informational. Please better your grammar (asking not telling).

7. stroop66

stroop66 New Member

Whats wrong with my grammar? I also I am informative. I will include a little more on mini-reviews though. k?

8. L5132

L5132 New Member

Duluth
    Your grammar is fine, he is just being a douchebag. In all honesty it is much better than many, many people bother to use. The only issue you have is occasionally not capitalizing "I", and that is fairly minor.

9. marine121496

Ann Arbor
    Sorry I'll admit that was uncalled for.

10. stroop66

stroop66 New Member

Ok thank you. (20 char)

Last edited: Sep 21, 2012
  11. Shiftyshooter

Shiftyshooter Learn from your mistakes. Lifetime Supporter

Prague
    Marine, do not mini-mod. People have recently been banned over this. And they still will.

12. ILike1911

ILike1911 New Member

Hey guys - I'm not a hardcore Airsoft guy or anything (I have a bunch of "real" guns I prefer to play with), but my daughter has expressed interest in learning to shoot, so I recently got one of these Black Ops Scorpion 1911's to get her started before moving on to the real thing.

I quickly discovered that it will shoot a bb or two and then all the CO2 comes shooting out the muzzle. I did a little research on line and found that this apparently is a common issue with this gun. The first shot is good and strong and the slide cycles, the second shot is pretty good, and then the third shot, the slide doesn't cycle fully and the CO2 vents out the muzzle. If I quickly rack the slide, it stops and I can shoot again, but after that it's much lower powered and the CO2 wants to shoot out every time, until the cylinder is empty.

I cleaned and lubed it and it seemed to make it slightly better, but it still isn't cycling right after the first couple shots. I can't even fire one magazine before it runs out of CO2.

Does anybody know if there is a fix for this? Or is this gun really just WalMart junk or I got a lemon? Like I said, from what I found on-line, this is not an uncommon problem with this gun.

13. stroop66

stroop66 New Member

you must have gotten a lemon.you might have a gas leak. im unsure.

14. Hartman96

Hartman96 New Member

Woodville
    From what i've read on these this is a usual problem.