Fuse blown up or something?

Discussion in 'Gun Building, Modifications & Repairs' started by Nuke, Feb 18, 2016.

1. Nuke

Nuke Member

Kennesaw
    I recently traded someone for there APS AKS-74 EBB. When he sent me it, the battery was dead so I charged it. I put the battery in and pulled the trigger without the metal top of the AK on and I hear this loud POP and saw a couple sparks.

When I first plugged the battery in, the wires that go to the gear box were hot, letting me know electricity was running through them. After the accident, the wires are no longer hot and the gun won't shoot. I really want to fix it as its real wood and full metal.

Im not sure if its the fuse or what. Its not one of the normal cylinder fuses. Also the battery connector is a Tamiya connector. Battery is a 9.6v 1600 mAh stick type.

Someone please help! :(

2. Dannyboyextreme

Dannyboyextreme Active Member

Burbank
    Did you know it was this messed up?

If you are comfortable with taking the gearbox part, take it apart and inspect the wiring first. take some pictures while you are at it.

3. zwilliams

zwilliams New Member

Virginia Beach
    are any of your connections melted together? Drop your motor out and does it spin? or simply check the fuse.

4. Nuke

Nuke Member

Kennesaw

[​IMG]

Thats the fuse. Thats what the guy told me. We are trying to fix this gun.

5. Nuke

Nuke Member

Kennesaw

It worked perfectly well 2 days ago. He lives in the same state I do and I was facetiming him. I watched him shoot it to make sure it worked then watched him take it to the post office and ship it to me.

6. Airsoft444

Airsoft444 Mad Scientist Supporting Member

Milwaukee
    Well first off, I'd say you have a short somewhere in the system, that needs fixed ASAP. What is the fuse like? It most likely is blown and needs replaced. Last thing to check is if your battery still works.

7. Nuke

Nuke Member

Kennesaw
    Battery works. I posted a picture of the fuse "box"