Airsoft Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello!
Im a mom of a fantastic 16 year old son who plays airsoft. He has a G&G armament gun. The fuse went and the fuse holder also. We have removed the fuse holder. A inline fuse holder that takes blade fuses, 25 amp. My problem now is repairing the gun to be functional. We went to autozone and got an in-line fuse holder but it’s copper wire not the silver colored wire and it didn’t work. I can solder a new inline fuse holder in place but I can’t seem to find the right one. Anyone have insider info on finding a fuse holder? Could I change it from a blade fuse holder and fuse to the glass cylinder style?
Any help is good help! Thank you!
Hand Sleeve Finger Gesture Nail
Hand Pliers Finger Gesture Hand tool

· Registered
73 Posts
Thanks. What I've been able to look up is that soldering different metals together is totally doable. I'm kind of confused that the wiring in the gun isn't copper. My G&G has copper wiring and it was a lower quality model than the one you've got. My initial guess is that the wire in the gun may be copper with solder covering the ends making it look silver.

I replaced the connector in mine to a Deans and it was confirmed copper. If things work out for you post some pics as replacing the fuse/holder will probably be a modification in my future.

· Administrator
12,637 Posts
You have a few options amazon and local hardware store are sources for the fuse holder.

Bussman unit.

Cable Font Wire Electrical wiring Automotive lighting

Be sure to flux, mesh together, solder and shrink/seal. If you skip fluxing and depending on solder...it may not stick.

And the wire is silver coated.

It looks like a copper core there.

Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18
Show Content
Finger Thumb Ear Terrestrial plant Plant

And what do you mean the Automotive fuse holder did not work. Can you post a picture of it?

· Premium Member
135 Posts
Hello!
Im a mom of a fantastic 16 year old son who plays airsoft. He has a G&G armament gun. The fuse went and the fuse holder also. We have removed the fuse holder. A inline fuse holder that takes blade fuses, 25 amp. My problem now is repairing the gun to be functional. We went to autozone and got an in-line fuse holder but it’s copper wire not the silver colored wire and it didn’t work. I can solder a new inline fuse holder in place but I can’t seem to find the right one. Anyone have insider info on finding a fuse holder? Could I change it from a blade fuse holder and fuse to the glass cylinder style?
Any help is good help! Thank you! View attachment 280846 View attachment 280847
Have you thought about getting rid of the fuse and just using a mosfet unit that has electronic fuse?

· Administrator
12,637 Posts
That is a G&G with a proprietary ETU unit.

She should not be adding complexity to the repair job.

· Premium Member
820 Posts
Another option is to just skip the fuse all together... I don't run fuses on any of my non etu AEGs.

Of course that would require soldering a jumper wire in place of the fuse assembly, or if the wires are long enough reattaching the Tamiya connector. Or if you want to and are comfortable with it upgrading to Deans.

· Premium Member
4,752 Posts
A inline fuse holder that takes blade fuses, 25 amp. We went to autozone and got an in-line fuse holder but it’s copper wire not the silver colored wire and it didn’t work. I can solder a new inline fuse holder in place but I can’t seem to find the right one.
The color doesn't matter, both will take solder. The only thing that might make it not work is if it's too large to fit. My personal preference is a 25amp thermal fuse, if you can find one that fits, as it'll simply reset itself instead of needing replaced.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts