G&g cm 16 raider questions

Discussion in 'Gun Building, Modifications & Repairs' started by RawrChad, Oct 4, 2012.

1. RawrChad

RawrChad New Member

I am buying a g&g cm16 raider long from evike, from my knowledge the longer barrel makes it more accurate correct? To increase the fps could I put a m110 or m120 to give it that fps boost or should I get a new motor if I am going to get a new spring? Any help for internal upgrades increasing accuracy or fps will be grateful I don't mind rps.

2. RawrChad

RawrChad New Member

Oh should I get it from evike or airsoftgi which will least likely give me a lemon or which would be better condition

3. GreenListerine

GreenListerine New Member

If you get a lemon, it likely isn't the distributors fault.. It'll be a lemon because its a CM.
    At any rate, if you want to increase range, any length over 455mm is redundant. Range and accuracy comes more from a tuned hop up, a quality barrel, and good bb's. Yes, fps does effect range.. It's a proven fact and anyone who insists otherwise needs to do some homework. The difference may be negligible, but there is indeed a difference.
    If you want a fps boost, the cheapest ways would be to fix all/any airseal leaks, getting a tighter barrel, and dropping in a fresh spring. The motors in the CM's are pretty weak (like everything else inside..), so I wouldn't push anything over a m120

4. RawrChad

RawrChad New Member

Do you have any recommended guns I could get with same price range as CM?

5. GreenListerine

So about $180 and under?
    It really depends. I would look for JG m4's or g36, CYMA AK's, ICS sportlines, King Arms m4's, or maybe a matrix/echo1 rebrand. I've never had that great of experience with any of the 3 CM's I've owned.

6. Protectionperfection

Protectionperfection New Member

Worcester
    a guy on my team has the Raider and loves it. I have run it once at an event and its was great. Hit past 150 ft with a 6.03 factory legnth barrel, high torque motor and m110 spring... the internals have held up for a year so far without a problem with those upgrades

7. RawrChad

RawrChad New Member

Oh I will be playing field way more than indoor cqb

8. Protectionperfection

Worcester
    with a high torque motor and m110-120 spring with a reshim and AOE correction and TBB will be perfect for any environment

9. RawrChad

RawrChad New Member

Do you recommend I get it from evike? Or another site, I don't want to get it at a local store because they all are like $215 with blow back, where on evike it is $150 without blowback. I don't want blowback I have heard that it isn't worth it.

10. Protectionperfection

Worcester
    its really not worth it. I have spent well over $1000 with evike without a problem... I recommend them over ASGI any day... ASGI customer service is the worst

11. RawrChad

RawrChad New Member

Wait the gun is not worth it? What do you recommend?

12. Protectionperfection

Worcester
    the blowback isnt worth it. its cool but doesnt help you in anyway

13. RawrChad

RawrChad New Member

14. Protectionperfection

Worcester
    its a great starter gun... you can upgrade it down the road if you want and its light and manuverable

15. RawrChad

RawrChad New Member

For the tbb do you recommend madbull 6.01 or what?

16. Protectionperfection

Worcester
  17. RawrChad

RawrChad New Member

Book marked these :) for the High torque should I get a g&g or systema?

18. GreenListerine

Neither. SHS, Lonex, element, matrix, tienly, etc.

19. RawrChad

RawrChad New Member

I have looked up the matrix, long type magnum 3000 I am seeing a lot of people saying the pinion gear breaks fast. I will look at more :p what do you think of the amp t5000l high torque?

Last edited: Oct 4, 2012
  20. CoppertopNeasg

CoppertopNeasg New Member

Boston
    Great motor but the lonex a2 is better...........