G&G cm 16 shorty upgrade gone wrong! bucking+compression mod

Discussion in 'Gun Building, Modifications & Repairs' started by plasticnoob, Jun 8, 2015.

1. plasticnoob

plasticnoob Active Member

hidden city
    so I just upgraded

cylinder
    cylinder head
    nozzle
    bucking and nub

factory compression = 0%

new compression = 0%

I stretched out the oring and I had 100% compression on the new one, the factory compression was 70% + leaking air as I was pushing.

Going to buy a new piston head w/ the o-ring

The bucking I am not so sure about this is what is happening, the bucking is a lonex 70 degree

I installed it put FULL hop up (normally when I shoot full hop up I can shoot out to 75-100 feet then it just curves for the sky.

The new bucking+ nub on full hop up stops around 30 feet and just drops off, sometimes double feeds and it just doesnt move at all.

what have I done :( ?

Will be doing more mods, motor and spring + new cylinder head + barrel as on full auto it just sprays left and right.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2015
  2. Jeranhound

Jeranhound Active Member

Seattleish
    Sounds almost like you didn't put in the new nub that came with your bucking. I actually did the same thing the first time I put my AK back together, but its hopup is so sensitive that works the same whether the nub is there or not, I just need to move it a tiny bit more.

3. plasticnoob

hidden city
    The nub is in, the old one had some tatter mark on it, and worked good for waht it was, prehaps I should put the old bucking and nub in to test.,

be back in 40 minutes :/

4. plasticnoob

hidden city
    okay quicker than I thought

old bucking+nub = great!

not sure what to do with this new lonex + nub, guess ill save it for another gun that might work with it?

Hop up nub is a bit bigger on the lonex 70 so I am staying with the G&G factory nub

gained about 30 feet with the new compression mod!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was hitting 150 feet target but the barrel isnt the best, ened to upgrade that. full auto spray is terrible and single fire isnt much better.

I was using .25 at that! last time I used .25 I was hitting 115-125 max feet

Last edited: Jun 9, 2015
  5. kronus14

kronus14 New Member

Quezon City
    The Lonex 70% hop bucking is for high rated springs..

eventhough your using, for an example a sp170, you still need to break in the hop bucking.. 500-1000 rounds will do the trick.. just like the prometheus red hop bucking..