G&G CM16 Accuracy

Discussion in 'Beginners Forum' started by dschroff, Jul 22, 2015.

1. dschroff

dschroff New Member

Morton
    Hey all, first post here. Completely new to airsofting, but I have done my research and made a few purchases. My first was an Elite Force M4A1, which I have no complaints with so far. I have only shot at short range, but it seems pretty accurate with the iron sights and .20 bbs. So then I bought a used G&G CM16 CM16 Raider off of ebay. It seems to have great FPS and shoots hard, but the accuracy sucks at the same short range. No matter how much I mess with the rear sight, it shoots all over the place. Anyone have any advice?

2. Dannyboyextreme

Dannyboyextreme Active Member

Burbank
    My advice is dont buy a combat machine. Seeing as thats already too late; slide off the upper receiver, take out the bartel and hop up chamber and check if the bucking isnt out of place or damaged. Cleaning the inner barrel will most likely help it if its never been cleaned.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2015

3. dschroff

dschroff New Member

Morton
    I haven't taken an AEG apart yet, but I am pretty mechanically inclined. Thanks.

4. Dannyboyextreme

Burbank
    You dont need to take the entire gun apart, gearbox and all. Just slide off the upper and that all you need to check the hop up chamber

5. dschroff

dschroff New Member

Morton
    Take the pin out from the back of the lower just like a real AR? Anything else I need to do?

6. plasticnoob

plasticnoob Active Member

hidden city
    Mine shoots out to 175 feet just fine,, I have upgraded it. Look into better compression system on it, hop up, barrel and nub

If you want to take off the barrel only remove the front pin, punch it out and slide the top off. The rear pin is part of the pin for removal of the gearbox

7. dschroff

dschroff New Member

Morton
    Just trying to get the upper receiver off right now. Took out the pin on the back, but the upper won't lift off.

Edit.... okay, got the upper off along with the barell assembly. Not really sure what I am supposed to be looking for. Is there a tutorial on the bucking and hop up? Thanks for your patience with a noob.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2015
  8. BlackNightBravo

BlackNightBravo Well-Known Member Supporting Member

You should probably use the resources already on the Internet to help you. I'm happy to help, but I'm not going to sit here and tell you how to take apart your M4. Use google. A hopup disassembly video can easily be found.

9. Kopis

Kopis Active Member

This is like the 6th one today...

Buy my UBR, 60 +shipping CONUS

10. BlackNightBravo

BlackNightBravo Well-Known Member Supporting Member

I know. My head hurts. XD

11. Kopis

Kopis Active Member

Just doin the BB Lords work I suppose.

Buy my UBR, 60 +shipping CONUS

12. Dannyboyextreme

Burbank
    combat machines are a plague, double eagle m83 is better than a stock combat machine most the time.

13. lego7897

lego7897 Member

Boise

Meh... I don't know about *that*, but I TOTALLY agree with you that combat machines are one of the worst options. A good JG, CYMA, ECHO1, etc will be much better than any combat machine, period.

14. SinterMass

SinterMass New Member

Bella Vista
    Sorry but I love my CM16. Shoots like a beast and is accurate as he to 175ft.
    I do have a precision barrel and suggest that Kopis upgrades the following:

Prowin CNC Hop Up
    Prometheus Purple Soft Bucking
    Flat hopped w Firefly flat nub and bar
    Teflon tape

Was like night and day on accuracy.

15. Rushin

Rushin Well-Known Member

Kalamazoo

But that doesn't really have anything to do with the gun though...

Anyhow, hop and airseal upgrades are what the OP should look into, but I probably said what everyone else has said already.

16. bryanman

bryanman Member

Canada
    Maybe so, but with those upgrades, it's not really a CM16 anymore is it? I hate reinstating the fact that the CM16 is NOT the best beginner gun out there.:(

17. SinterMass

SinterMass New Member

Bella Vista
    I'm sorry, did I miss the OP's original question of advice on increasing accuracy?

18. Rushin

Rushin Well-Known Member

Kalamazoo

I'm saying that it sounds like you're attributing the accuracy like it's an integral part of the gun, whereas you could drop those parts into something much better (JG S-system) and you'd see the same accuracy increase.

19. SinterMass

SinterMass New Member

Bella Vista
    I understand, but he has a Combat Machine and asked how to increase accuracy with that particular gun. Just buying another gun might not be in the cards for him.

20. Rushin

Rushin Well-Known Member

Kalamazoo

I completely agree, it seems I've gotten my point across and shall not pursue the matter further. Nice choice for the bucking though.