G&g cm16 m4 help

Discussion in 'Gun Building, Modifications & Repairs' started by stayfrosty, Dec 27, 2012.

1. stayfrosty

stayfrosty New Member

I just got a new Gun already have a problem. Me and some friends were playing in the snow the other day and it was working fine. The battery died so we quit. When I got home plugged in the battery, waited for the green light and unplugged it. I plugged it into my gun and pulled the trigger nothing. please give me some suggestions on what to do. thanks!!nothing. imand nothing. Please help and I'm sorry if I posted this in the wrong thread

2. Duy556

Duy556 New Member

Kingsport
    You either blew a fuse, or one of the motor connections could have come undone.

3. theonlyBuster

theonlyBuster Active Member Lifetime Supporter

S. Florida
    These are the 2 main culprits.
    Follow your wires and you'll probably find the fuse. Check it to see if it's blown. If so, you can get replacement at Radioshack or Walmart. It'll set you back about $2. If you know about wiring, you can straight-wire the gun to bypass the fuse.

If your fuse is fine check the motor connectors. On the bottom of your grip where your trigger is you should see 3 screws, 2 small phillips and 1 large flat head. Remove the bottom place by unscrewing the 2 small phillips screws. This will expose the motor and wire connections. Just ensure they're connected, then replace the bottom plate.

If you're hearing a tick or the motor nudge, odds are you motor's alignment is off. Easy solution here. Adjust your motor height. There are a few videos on YouTube. For adjusting motor heights, you want a video rather than text, it's much easier to follow and understand.

If still nothing, I'd suggest you contact the store your purchased the gun from (Assuming this is within 30 days of your purchase). Most stores have a 21-30 day in-store warranty. Some only have 7, so check the FAQ. Typically if you're a day or so late it's not a big deal. Just remember to be respectful and polite. The person assisting you can be as helping or hurting as they want.

4. stayfrosty

stayfrosty New Member

Thank you both for good answers. I'm new to airsoft and very happy that there's kind people that can help! Excited to get into the sport and I will try to figure the problem out. Thanks again!

5. stayfrosty

stayfrosty New Member

Okay how would you know if you blew a fuse? Thanks

6. Vandal

Vandal New Member

Atlanta
    This just happened to me literally 5 minutes ago, same gun... randomly stopped shooting, my guess is the fuse..

7. Nelson

Nelson Review Guru Supporting Member

Spokane
    That depends on the model of the cm16. From my experience, I've never owned a cm16 that had a fuse. I would say its your motor connectors. Take off the bottom plate of your grip and gently re-crimp the connectors back onto the motor, making sure positive is on positive, and negative is on negative.

8. Vandal

Vandal New Member

Atlanta
    I FIXED MINE: I had tightened the bottom pistol grip motor screw(center) too tight.. Loosen it up a little and see if that works...

Last edited: Dec 28, 2012