G&G CM16 Question

Discussion in 'Gun Building, Modifications & Repairs' started by stroop66, Nov 23, 2012.

1. stroop66

stroop66 New Member

Hey guys,
    I have a question. I got my combat machine and for the first game i played something died on me. I assumed the fuse was blown because it looked like it. I put a new fused and im still getting no response. Theres no click or anything. I believe its the wires because of all the complaints I heard of this happening.

How can I fix this? Can I use any wire? or can I buy any wire? Is the wire the problem? Or the internals?

2. MrGoodkat

MrGoodkat New Member

Buy some wire off Disguised Enemy, he has a classified ad on ASM for mosfets and such.

3. S1kkguy

S1kkguy New Member

London
    You have a short somewhere preventing the completion of the circuit. Examine the wires and the points at which they connect to the trigger contacts and motor.

4. Col1500

Col1500 New Member

Kent
    A short would make his battery hot... OP, if your battery isn't hot after plugging it in then you simply have a broken wire or connection. Your trigger contacts might be bent too, but that's not very probable.

5. stroop66

stroop66 New Member

ok so should I open it up?

6. Col1500

Col1500 New Member

Kent
    Probably. I'd start with taking the motor out, because I've heard that the connectors can break at their bending point. But then just do a basic disassembly, and check for charred or broken/sharply angled wire. If nothing's wrong on the wires outside your gearbox, you'll need to open it up. You may have carbon build up on your trigger contacts, I forgot to mention that yesterday. The job would go a lot faster if you had a multimeter, just set it to check resistance and you can check the whole red wire at one time, and the whole black wire at one time.

7. hasmeen

hasmeen New Member

Bakersfield
    It sounds like a fried trigger switch to me. That can happen if your using a high voltage battery. I've had this happen to me a couple times and so has a friend of mine. Except my friends gun caught on fire. You will need to crack open the gear box to check to see if this is the issue though and if its not the trigger switch check every connector to the switch and motor. Make sure to check the wiring too for burns or bubbles.

8. Archer627

Archer627 New Member

Figgington
    Before you open anything, I suggest taking the motor out and making sure you didn't fry it. The motors in CMs are notoriously bad. If it works outside the gun (just get some wires and rig something up to check of it works), then you have a different problem. You'll have to open it up, and go over the remaining electrical components which has been gone over by previous posters on here.

9. hasmeen

hasmeen New Member

Bakersfield
    That's a good point. If it is a motor I'd would get an G&G high torque motor unless you have high speed gears installed.

Also make sure you have the right fuse in the gun because if you're using one that's not strong enough you will just keep blowing them. You can also try to bypass the fuse by wrapping aluminum foil around the blown fuse just to do as a test.

See archer I know a little something about airsoft guns
    Can I be player of the month now

Last edited: Nov 23, 2012
  10. Archer627

Archer627 New Member

Figgington
    Hehe. You have to enter next month and win the poll. Eh, just drop the fuse altogether. If you blew your motor, don't get any G&G motors. Get a high torque motor. A few motors I think are good are: Lonex a1 and a2, element high torque, SRC high torque, AMP high torque, SHS high torque, JG Blue, and JG Red (not a torque motor, but has really good torque for a speed motor).

Last edited: Nov 23, 2012