Airsoft Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased my first airsoft rifle around June. It was the G&G CM16 Raider L. It works fine except the hop up doesn't really change anything about the BB flight trajectory. It literally stays the same no matter how I change it. It doesn't go up at all, all it does is dip after about 20 feet. The FPS is around 375 with .20g bbs. Does anyone know if there's a fix for this? If I decided to get a different hop up, would I have to upgrade anything else to compensate for the hop up upgrade? Thanks!

· Premium Member
2,917 Posts
It could be that your nub isn't applying enough hop. Can you take the barrel and hopup out? If possible, a pic of the nub and bucking would help.

· Registered
108 Posts
Take the barrel out and look down the hop up with full hop applied and see if u can see the nub, if u can it’s probably the hop up isn’t seated right or your mag is pushing it out of place. If u can’t then the nub got displaced or the bucking got rotated or torn. Usually just taking apart and putting it back together fixes most issues.

· Registered
75 Posts
Since the replica its fairly new, I would contact the store where you bought it. Maybe this one was defective somehow and its not applying any backspin to the BB.

Opening the replica to reach the hopup chamber its not that difficult, even for anyone without experience. I'm sure you can find plenty of videos on YouTube with the step by step guide, but basically you need to remove the upper receiver and then the barrel + hopup will be accessible.

· Registered
3 Posts
I have a used cm16 and KWA mid caps that won’t feed I’ve tried the o ring fix, tapeing the mags, Velcro in the mag well. Only mag that will feed is the G and G high cap which I only have one of. Does anyone know of anything else I can try. Also it doesn’t matter if I hold it upside down sideways, etc to make it feed with the mid caps. Although if I tap the bottom of the mag it will feed one shot at a time(highly frustrated at this point) would a new hop up cure this? any help would be appreciated

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.