G&G CM16 Raider

Discussion in 'Beginners Forum' started by ~Damian~, May 14, 2018.

1. ~Damian~

~Damian~ New Member

Is it worth buying as a starter gun and will 5 mags last me a while or should I keep it safe and go for ten.

2. Ziron

Ziron New Member

Mebane
    That is the gun I started out with and still currently use. Its a good gun meaning I haven't had any issues with mine. I have began the process of upgrading it though. As far as mags go it all depends. Are you goimg to a field or just a pick-up game with friends?

3. Honeybadgerz17

Honeybadgerz17 Active Member

Bellevue
    If you keep semi-auto only throughout the entire game you most likely won't go through four Mid caps. And mid caps only hold around 120 to 140 rounds while high caps hold around 300 plus. You'll most likely not go through 1 to 2 to mags in a single game. So maximum I would go five

4. Ziron

Ziron New Member

Mebane
    I carry 4 mid caps and 3 high caps mostly for my buddies to use. Im going pure dmr build so i only really need mids

5. SkyEye

SkyEye Active Member

Tucson
    I've had mine for a year and a half now and have no issues. It's light weight, durable and shoots well. I run 2 hi caps totaling 750rds which is plenty. For longer pickup games I'll start to run low, but rarely do I go black on ammo.

6. Ziron

Ziron New Member

Mebane
    Does your hop have the black plastic on the side of it?

7. SkyEye

SkyEye Active Member

Tucson
    If you mean what I think you mean then yes. Don’t know what it’s for though. Maybe to hold the hop up unit in place? A more experienced member might want to explain that. @Honeybadgerz17

8. Honeybadgerz17

Honeybadgerz17 Active Member

Bellevue
  9. Lawrence - DeeJay LJ

Lawrence - DeeJay LJ New Member

Nowhere
    Yeah the black thing on the side of the hop up is a nice feature by G&G. It just helps to keep the inner barrel straight

10. SkyEye

SkyEye Active Member

Tucson
    Never mind. Lawrence cleared it up, thanks for that. One thing about G&G though is their quality control isn't as good as it could be. The issues that arise aren't significant enough to effect any performance however. Mine came with a slightly bent outer barrel but still shoots fine, I just have to adjust the sights. Others report a weird scratch in the cylinder but doesn't affect performance. Just something to keep in mind. In the end, you're still getting a reliable, well shooting package for a pretty good price.

11. Ziron

Ziron New Member

Mebane
    The black plastic is actually there to help keep your gearbox from breaking around the nozzle.