G&G CM16 Raider?

Discussion in 'What Gun Should I Get?' started by Canadian, Nov 15, 2012.

1. Canadian

Canadian New Member

Hello everyone, iv recently been looking at the G&G CM16 Raider, I love the rails, crane stock and the price. Iv watched and read some reviews and people see to be pretty happy with the gun. Im just wondering if it is in fact, a good gun. Thanks everyone! :D

2. marine121496

marine121496 Wahahaha~ Supporting Member

Ann Arbor
    I don't like CMs I had one, less than a thousand rounds through it and the nozzle broke, I personally would recommend a King Arms m4, but I suppose if you had to, there are worse ways to spend your money than on a CM.

3. Canadian

Canadian New Member

Thanks for the advice. If i do get it i will be upgrading some things for sure.

4. pew_pew

pew_pew New Member

I guess I got lucky, My experience with the CM16 was amazing. I went through hell and and back with that gun for about a year as my first Airsoft gun and it still works like a charm.

5. marine121496

Ann Arbor
    Well I'm not saying all are bad, just from my experience, recently there have been a bunch of people defending them as well, as much as I don't like them, there are decent beginner guns.

6. pew_pew

pew_pew New Member

Agreed, their are still many many people who have had terrible experiences, So OP have you looked into any JG guns?

7. deadeye

deadeye New Member

in between chicago and milwakee
    i also have the cm16 combat machine, and it is a great beginner gun. i have had this gun for around a year and half and i have never had any problems with it at all. the only cons i can think of are that mags wobble a bit, and the stock has a little jiggle to it, but preformance wise it is worth it.

p.s
    from what i have heard about jg guns they wont last you half as long as the combat machine will. i have never had a jg but my freind went through 2 of their guns before he got smart. at my field everyone joke about jg standing for "Junky Gun" lol, you will love the gg combat machine

8. S1kkguy

S1kkguy New Member

London
    JG are fantastic guns put together badly, any field with a tech or 2 would preach that. Tune it and it'll last and perform for a hell of a long time. Not to mention it's a wicked bang for the buck.

9. deadeye

deadeye New Member

in between chicago and milwakee
    S1kkguy you may be right, but i dont think he wants to have to open the gear box and make modifications as soon as he gets the gun. with the combat machine it is ready out of the box and is very reliable.

also i have never heard any tech praise a jg, with the exceptions of people buying them and turning them into cheap dmr's, but again they are making major modifications to them. for a beginner the combat machine is more reliable, and better built then jg guns in the same price range.

this is just my opinion from what i know, i have never owned a jg but from what i have heard about them all my facts are in line

10. bal1

bal1 New Member

G and g cm would last longer than a jg?
    That's funny.

11. S1kkguy

S1kkguy New Member

London
    I second that. Shimming and aoe is basic tuning.Hardly a modification, maybe by definition but barely and i do stress the word.

Also mr eye, have u seen the components in a jg gb yourself first hand?

Last edited: Nov 16, 2012
  12. masterpro72

masterpro72 New Member

I have a G&G CM Raider and I love it. Accuracy is top-notch at 150ft+ with .2g BBs. Mine has been through 12,000 rounds and has yet to see a problem. I went through about 10,000 in the first week of owning it. I have also taken it out late at night in the cold and moist air many times and it still does fine. overall, my team has had about 5 of them total. None of those 5 had ever given us problems. In fact, We actually consider it to be the best gun there is. If this isn't enough to convince you, Buy from AirsoftGI where you get a 45-day warranty. Nothing to lose.

13. GreenListerine

GreenListerine New Member

JG m4>CM m4
    It's pretty much a known fact. Don't talk about things you have no experience with.

14. masterpro72

masterpro72 New Member

^Wrong^ (20 Characters)

15. marine121496

Ann Arbor
    Thanks for the essay on why he's wrong.

16. masterpro72

masterpro72 New Member

Again, I have a G&G CM Raider and I love it. Accuracy is top-notch at 150ft+ with .2g BBs. Mine has been through 12,000 rounds and has yet to see a problem. I went through about 10,000 in the first week of owning it. I have also taken it out late at night in the cold and moist air many times and it still does fine. overall, my team has had about 5 of them total. None of those 5 had ever given us problems. In fact, We actually consider it to be the best gun there is. If this isn't enough to convince you, Buy from AirsoftGI where you get a 45-day warranty. Nothing to lose.

17. marine121496

Ann Arbor
    150 ft is not top notch accuracy, and so? You're saying that because you love the gun and haven't had problems with it it's the best gun out there, by the way, you think this is the best gun around, you do know that G&G makes PROLINE guns, which are better than combat machines, so CMs cannot be the best guns out there.

And to add to accuracy, you haven't actually said how accurate it is, can I see some groupings?

Last edited: Nov 16, 2012
  18. GreenListerine

GreenListerine New Member

Oh my.. 150 feet? Wow that's like.. Not far at all. And yeah their piston, piston head, gears, motor, and wires are all garbage. Seriously, way to make yourself sound very ignorant.

Edit: and 12k shots isn't a lot.

19. masterpro72

masterpro72 New Member

I said 150ft+. because that is the farthest I can get away. The Piston, Piston head, Gears, Motor and wires are not garbage. I have alot of experience inside of the Gearbox and I know that what you are saying is incorrect. BTW: 10,000+ shots in the first week of owning this gun.......That's alot. That's 1000+ daily.

20. masterpro72

masterpro72 New Member

You are right about the proline thing. But, For the price, Not so much. accuracy, I easily got a man sized target at 150ft+. The groupings I have not been able to test. But, It seems pretty tight with my G&G BBs and somewhat with my KA BBs.