G&G Cm16 ris

Discussion in 'Electric Guns' started by laxboy411, Oct 1, 2012.

1. laxboy411

laxboy411 New Member

New York City
    I've had my combat machine (non blowback w/ris) for just over 3 years and haven't had any problems yet. However, i noticed my fps is dropping. I've never upgraded this gun but have upgraded many other similar m4s. i remember when i first got the gun, it shot at about 360fps. Now, its down to 280 and less than 60 feet of range. Could it be the spring? the air nozzle's o-rings gone bad? or a bad piston head or cylinder head seal? I would also like to upgrade the gun to 420 on the dot consistently and reliably. I don't want my combat machine to go from workhorse to racehorse. I still want it reliable, but i want the range and fps increased. Also, I have the cqb barrel version of the combat machine. However, i installed a mock silencer that extended the barrel to the length of a full size. Any suggestions?

2. Knief

Knief Moderator Staff Member

Ann Arbor
    Well, you've hit the things that it's likely to be. Bad seals, bad piston head, dead spring. If you've done upgrade work in the past, it should be a pretty simple task to make your way through those problems one by one until you solve it.

If you really don't want to get into your gearbox, you could try cleaning your barrel and hop up thoroughly. It's not a likely culprit for a 100 FPS drop, but it's possible.

3. TheAirsoftTech

TheAirsoftTech New Member

If you've had it for 3 years stock, then your bucking also might be worn out, along with the other things Knief said.

4. laxboy411

laxboy411 New Member

New York City
    Do you think is should replace everything, or just what?[​IMG]
    this is what i wanted to order but that's why I started the thread before i waste 90$.

5. Knief

Knief Moderator Staff Member

Ann Arbor
    We can't see your pictures from Facebook. Host them here or on Imgur.com

You should check each problem sequentially. First check your seals. If you're getting good seals everywhere, buy the spring you want. You're not hitting 420 with a stock spring no matter what, so you'll need it anyway. If your seals are good and your new spring is shooting way low, the buy a piston head. You do it step by step to find out what the problem is. If you just replace everything, you'll never know what went wrong and you won't know how to fix it in the future if it happens again.

6. laxboy411

laxboy411 New Member

New York City
    funny you say that, i just replaced that 2 weeks ago.

7. CoppertopNeasg

CoppertopNeasg New Member

Boston
    Or you could order all of that from clandestine for $45...

8. laxboy411

laxboy411 New Member

New York City
    it sucks that all the pistons are out of stock, i guess theres a lot of things out of stock, which means they have good prices and products and my local airsoft store is way overpriced.

9. ondy500

ondy500 New Member

oak ridge
    One thing that wears out your spring and piston faster is leaving the gun when not in use one auto. You should always decompress by having your last 3 shots on semi.

10. laxboy411

laxboy411 New Member

New York City
    I always do that so.