G&G Combat machine raider shorty

Discussion in 'Electric Guns' started by 11939, Oct 9, 2012.

1. 11939

11939 New Member

Hi guys I just ordered this gun I want to know more about it and don't be afraid to post your cons on the gun I really don't care

2. GreenListerine

GreenListerine New Member

Well thanks for sharing.. Here are some cons: weak motor, weak gears, crappy wiring, weak piston&head, ineffective blowback, screws on wrong side of the gearbox. Enjoy.

3. Maxuhmize

Maxuhmize New Member

OKC
    Well it's a pretty good beginner gun, I know that much. My friend owns one and I've noticed two big cons.

1.The Wiring
    2. The motor
    3. Weak gears

Edit: Sn1ped.

4. Nelson

Nelson Review Guru Supporting Member

Spokane
    They are quite flawed as said but for the price they will do you just fine. I really don't like the new ones they come out with specifically for the wiring and motor. People complaining about the screws on the wrong side is plain stupid.

It's a good gun for its price, a couple pros I give it are the green hop up rubber which I put in almost all of my guns, and even though the hop up chamber is made of abs plastic it's quite sturdy and the wheel won't budge on anything, which gives good consistency.

Externally, G&G has some of the best abs plastic parts on the market. They have a good sturdy feel and the gun will last you a long time.

5. DamnYankee

DamnYankee New Member

Lincolnton
    Can't the issues with a stock G&G CM be fixed with upgrades down the road as needed?

6. Archer627

Archer627 New Member

Figgington
    The screws on the wrong side makes it harder to put together after shimming. That is why it's a major gripe of people. Here are some more cons:

-The gearbox shell is absolute crap. I broke one on a m130 spring with 70D sorbo AND radius'd cylinder windows. Was using a POM Piston head and a Nylon 15T piston so don't say it was because my piston assembly was too heavy.
    -The stock wiring is terrible.
    -Motors are hit or miss. Some can barely pull a m110 while others can pull a M130.
    -The gears aren't bad, but they don't compare at all to XYT gears.
    -The blowback(which is pneumatic in this gun) causes inconsistency in air compression.

7. Nelson

Spokane
    The gearbox shell will work just fine on the stock gun for as long a he needs it to down the road untill he wants to upgrade.
    -I already said the motor and wiring was bad
    -Gears yes
    -the blowback has nothing to do with compression only a loss in FPS

8. Archer627

Archer627 New Member

Figgington
    Actually, it does. It causes inconsistencies because the way air is removed from the cylinder to do that is not precise. Also, I don't do "stock guns". I uprade all the way. I push them to their limit, but that's just me.

9. Nelson

Spokane
    It would be same as if the cylinder was ported its just in a different place which I know where and how big a port is affects it differently but my compression in my gr15 is perfect.

10. Archer627

Archer627 New Member

Figgington
    The experience I had with the one I worked on it had problems with consistency, even with a Viton X-Ring and a good lubrication of the cylinder. Another reason the Blowback is bad is it's just another moving part that can fail. What's the point of it? It doesn't even produce any recoil..

Also, another thing that I hate about them is the front sight being molded to the outer barrel. WHY? lol. No free float rails that a flush with the barrel now I guess.

Another point, which is arguing against myself, but meh. There are a few good things about CMs as well. Their shimming is actually decent, their buckings (the green ones) are pretty good as well.

11. Nelson

Spokane
    Yeah that's the problem with the CMs is there QC is bad, I got a good one. I agree that front sight is a complete piece of crap, considering the only way to get rid of it is to get a new barrel. But for a stock gun it will perform just fine for his needs. He can always disable the blowback.

12. Archer627

Archer627 New Member

Figgington
    Yeah, I suppose so. It's time for me to get back to school now! Lol.

13. bal1

bal1 New Member

Somebody agrees with me.

14. Parallel38Airsoft

Parallel38Airsoft New Member

Knoxville
    We ordered about a dozen of these for use as rental guns at our field. For the most part they have held up to noob abuse with minor issues such as the ones mentioned by others above. It should make a good starter gun for you, just don't expect to perform miracles with it.