G&G FN2000 Problems

Discussion in 'Gun Building, Modifications & Repairs' started by AirsoftJokr, Nov 20, 2012.

1. AirsoftJokr

AirsoftJokr New Member

Recently, my FN2000 has completely stopped feeding bbs. The gun goes off but nothing comes out! I've looked into my problem but came out with nothing. Any help is appreciated.

2. Star_folder

Star_folder New Member

Lexington
    What have you done to look into the problem?

Have you tried different mags?

Have you taken the upper receiver off of the lower?

Have you checked to make sure the nozzle in the gearbox is moving?

3. AirsoftJokr

AirsoftJokr New Member

I tried my original mags, same result.

I Looked to see if anything was obstructing the barrel/hop up, nothing.

Nozzle and gearbox are working fine.

I lubed the entire gun with silicon oil and still had no results.

4. Star_folder

Star_folder New Member

Lexington
    Alright, so you've used mags that you know work in a different gun, but they didn't work in the G&G. Because they worked in a different gun, we know they are not the issue.

Nothing appeared to be obstructing the barrel/hop up, so no physical blockages. Have you cleaned the barrel? Maybe test to see how hard it is to push a bb through the hop up chamber yourself, a small screw driver should help out on this one.

Nozzle and gearbox are working fine. Well something has to be not working somewhere. When you pull the trigger on the gun, you can see the air nozzle moving in and out. This would suggest that everything within the gearbox is working fine. You did this test without the upper receiver attached to the gun?

Lubing the entire gun was not a good idea, you want your barrel and hop up to be dry, else you'll have horrible accuracy.

Have you tried pushing known to be working mags up into the magwell? Unlikely, but maybe the mag catch has worn down.

More questions!

When did this problem start?
    Have you done any upgrades to the gun?
    Was this a sudden issue, or something that has been developing over time?

5. AirsoftJokr

AirsoftJokr New Member

I did try pushing the mags in farther, but they didn't budge. They are p-mags and are a pretty tight fit and don't like to move. When they are inserted I can hear the bbs loading into the hop-up. Still nothing is shot.

I haven't done any major upgrades, I replaced the plastic bushings it came with with metal and it worked beautifully for a good chunk of time.

The issue was gradual, but I'm used to misfires. About a month ago I noticed it was only firing about 2/3 of the time but kept shooting anyway planning on taking it in for repair. But about a week ago, it stopped shooting completely, with the rare exception of a stray bb flying out at its regular velocity.

If all else fails, I will just send it to my repair guy, he'll figure it out.

6. AirsoftJokr

AirsoftJokr New Member

Problem solved! I finally realized that my spring was completely worn out. Luckily I had a replacement. All is good now.

Man, I feel like an idiot for not noticing that before.

7. alex

alex New Member

Atlanta
    which spring?.............