G&G Front Triangle Sight

Discussion in 'Gun Building, Modifications & Repairs' started by Slasha, Jun 5, 2015.

1. Slasha

Slasha New Member

Hello, I just purchased a G&G CM16 Carbine GBB, and so far I love it, I would like to replace the hand guard and add on a rail system, however I need to get rid of that front sight, I seen some people say they are not removable, some say that they are, others say they can only be cut off. Could someone please explain which of these is correct?

2. ExtremMilSimOP

ExtremMilSimOP New Member

I've never heard them being removable; that has been a complaint against the Combat Machines for as long as I can remember. I have a 3 year old CM with a permanently attached front sight.

3. Slasha

Slasha New Member

I found a youtube video on how to remove the outer barrel, and the tip of the barrel comes off with the front sight, is there any other front outer barrel I can use to get rid of this or am I sort of just out of luck? If so I guess ill have to get my dremel out :)

4. Airborne101

Airborne101 Well-Known Member

Chicago
    You could remove the entire barrel system and rebuild your front end using a standard AEG M4 barrel. CM did something goofy with how their barrel connects to the receiver, but if you remove it, the slots/cut on the receiver will accept a standard barrel.

5. Slasha

Slasha New Member

Would the aeg Barrel fit the gas gun?

6. Airborne101

Airborne101 Well-Known Member

Chicago
    Isn't the CM GBB something like a drop in kit that drops into an AEG body? For some reason, I am thinking they did that. Perhaps I am wrong?

7. Slasha

Slasha New Member

You are correct, I just could have swore I saw somewhere the gas barrel isn't compatible with the aeg style, which that could have been horribly wrong