G&g g96

Discussion in 'Sniper Rifles' started by Ian5538, Apr 3, 2013.

1. Ian5538

Ian5538 New Member

2. mdd1994

mdd1994 New Member

Las Vegas
    so in my opinion there aren't any real differences between the two, I have the $258 version and my friend has the $400 version. we compared them and there aren't any differences. as for the adjustable fps that is a myth. again me and my friend have tried it with both of our G96s and it didn't work. but the G96 is the best sniper rifle I have owned and I highly recommend it.

3. Ian5538

Ian5538 New Member

Have you done any upgarded?

4. egalsim

egalsim New Member

Bakersfield
    They are the same gun. G&G only makes 1 G96. I think Airsoftgi just updated their pricing. Notice that 1 is in stock, the other is not. You can actually get that gun from between 200-300 dollars. One thing to note is that it is NOT compatible with Tanaka 29 round magazines. A cheaper alternative is the KJW M700 that is compatible with Tanaka magazines. Both the G96 and KJW M700 use the same gas system, however the hop up in the KJW is superior to the G96.

5. mdd1994

mdd1994 New Member

Las Vegas
    I haven't put in any upgrades. all of the upgrade G&G parts for the kjw/ tanaka series rifles are already factory installed on the G96. no need for upgrades.

6. EDI1st

EDI1st New Member

Fountain Valley
    Because you haven't owned a Tanaka yet :p

Not true, the bolt is different than the G&G Power Bolt.
    The bolt's dimension is also different than the power bolt and Tanaka's bolt.
    I had to sand down the G&G G96's bolt quite a bit just for it to fit in the Tanaka's receiver. Then a bit more for it to move smoothly.

Hop chamber also is different from the G&G aftermarket one.
    This is due to the change of design in the receiver. (pin size and positions)
    I haven't got a chance to open up the hop/barrel yet.

The center portion of the chassis under the shell is plastic unlike Tanaka's aluminum.
    This includes the mag well.
    So yes, it is a bit lighter than the Tanaka M700 AICS but durability is another question. This piece is what holds the entire rifle together.

The mags is another issue.
    It ONLY takes G&G mags.
    No, it is not that expensive, it is priced right between the short mag and the long mag so is it's capacity. (however AA is coming out with their new long mag for the Tanaka, price is unknown yet, MIGHT be cheaper.)

A used Tanaka M700 AICS can easily be found and bought for around $300.
    (Personally bought two PCS for around $150 each but that's just cause I'm awesome.)

7. PistolsAndMP5s

PistolsAndMP5s New Member

Corona
    Lol.
    So much misinformation on this. Why would G&G install UPGRADE parts on their rifles. G&G parts aren't really even an "upgrade". There are so many better parts in the market. And yes you need upgrades if you want it to be useful against other non-sniper rifle guns on the field.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2013
  8. Ian5538

Ian5538 New Member

So tanaka is a much better choice? I'm concerned that it's too hot for my field but I can bypass that.... I'm more concerned with range than anything else... And upgradibility

9. EDI1st

EDI1st New Member

Fountain Valley
    You know....Tanaka M700s are known to have 100 yards effective range out of the box...
    Just saying.

10. egalsim

egalsim New Member

Bakersfield
    Actually, I've owned 2 Tanakas, both AICS models, still own 1. I think that the KJW M700 is more versatile than the Tanakas. The KJW already has a hop up unit that can use VSR buckings and barrels, stock. The only mods I would do to a KJW are barrel spacers, bucking, and hop up housing (the KJW piece is plastic). The KJW also has a bolt that has fps adjustability, however the spring in the bolt is very weak, which is the only real difference that I saw between the Tanaka bolt and KJW bolt. The Tanaka AICS model has a sturdy metal frame that contributes to it's shot to shot consistency. I have run HPA on all my bolts since I bought them for shot to shot consistency. Bottom line, a KJW M700 will be a great value for a great gas bolt action sniper.

11. Ian5538

Ian5538 New Member

Unfortunately I can't find a tanaka that's under 400$:( the a sr-25 seems like a better option since that's really high

12. egalsim

egalsim New Member

Bakersfield
    You can find KJW M700's (Very good Tanaka M700 clone) for around 80-200 all day long.

13. EDI1st

EDI1st New Member

Fountain Valley
    Although not an 100% Tanaka clone, still a good buy.

Just don't get the G&G.

14. egalsim

egalsim New Member

Bakersfield
    This is what is possible with a KJW M700:

[​IMG]

-Custom modified M24 body from a Javelin M24 (CA M24 body is better)
    -Spartan Doctrine VSR kit (Includes extended nozzle)
    -G&G metal hop housing
    -Polarstar bolt spring
    -G&G Heavy fluted barrel (Very hard to find now, but free floats front barrel and is solid all the way through negating use of barrel spacers)
    -Nineball bucking
    -Laylax steel 6.03 barrel
    -Tanaka 29 round magazine tapped for Co2 rig in buttstock pouch using mini palmer regulator and 12g CO2 canisters.
    -300 to 700 fps with .20 depending on regulator setting and bolt spring tension.

15. EDI1st

EDI1st New Member

Fountain Valley
    Um, KJW already uses VSR barrel/hop in its stock form....

16. darkassasin24

darkassasin24 New Member

I agree with the kjw. The power and range I have seen from those things is crazy for a stock gun.

17. egalsim

egalsim New Member

Bakersfield
    Yeah, I know. I thought it would look cool though with the little red housing in there. :)

18. Ian5538

Ian5538 New Member

i had one but that was before i really got into going to fields
    is there alot of upgrades?

19. egalsim

egalsim New Member

Bakersfield
    quote=Ian5538;881564]i had one but that was before i really got into going to fields
    is there alot of upgrades?[/quote]

Conner? Is that you?

Yes, but you don't need them all.

Here is a link to a great budget KJW M700 build. He uses the G&G metal hop chamber for the stock hop up. You can get the G&G chamber for about $25.

http://www.airsoftsniperforum.com/showthread.php?p=75303#post75303

G&G Hop Chamber (Metal)

http://www.airsoftoutletnw.com/g-g-g96-hop-up-chamber-set-for-l96-and-m700-airsoft-sniper-rifle

Cost of decent KJW M700 build with reg adjustable fps from 300-700 fps:

KJW M700 used - $120 New $190
    http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?products_id=979

Bucking for VSR-10 (firefly or nineball) - $20
    http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?products_id=7139

G&G Metal Hop Chamber - $25

http://www.airsoftoutletnw.com/g-g-g96-hop-up-chamber-set-for-l96-and-m700-airsoft-sniper-rifle

Polish inside of stock barrel - $5 in metal polish
    Tighten bolt spring - free labor

CO2 HPA rig

*Ebay low pressure regulator $10-$20 (up to 300fps)http://www.ebay.com/itm/Autococoker...563?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2c6df0c89b

*Fittings - $20

*12g CO2 adapter - $15 http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Quick-C...304?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4854251b68

Total: $225 for used, $295 for used (there is a coupon code for %20 off right now on AirsoftGI, so the new price could be lower)

My old CO2 HPA rig (Palmer LPR, microline fittings, 12g CO2 adapter)

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 12, 2013
  20. Ian5538

Ian5538 New Member

Is there a guide to installing a rig I'm not familiar how to do it. And how to adjust fps
    Also is the range good on that setup