G&G GC16 ETU Warthog 7" vs Specna Arms SA-E05 EDGE 2.0

Discussion in 'What Gun Should I Get?' started by R0bbyE, Oct 11, 2021.

1. R0bbyE

R0bbyE New Member

Bucharest
    Hello guys, this is my first post here, i was a reader for a long time and decided to make an account. Would it be worth buying the G&G GC16 ETU Warthog 7" just for the externals and the ambidextrous functions? Might upgrade later, but that's not 100% sure, might keep it stock. Does it compare to the Specna Arms SA-E05 EDGE 2.0? What do you guys think? I'm guessing you guys are aware of every last one of this guns functions externally and internally respectively and there is no need for me to go rambling about what they've got to offer. Now the G&G is a little bit more than the E05 2.0, but money isn't a problem. Just curious if the G&G has much more to offer for the extra money than the SA one. Sadly i can't provide the links to the guns, due to not having 3 posts. I appreciate every help and answer you guys can give me. Thank you.

2. Guges Mk3

Guges Mk3 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Minneapolis
    Your in Hungary?

Get the SA one if it's cheaper from Poland.

R0bbyE likes this.

3. R0bbyE

R0bbyE New Member

Bucharest
    I'm from Romania. We do have SA available here, I'm pretty sure it's all in the Europe. But can you tell me why is the SA better overall? Because i was really looking at that G&G lower receiver and the ambidextrous functions (left handed).

4. Guges Mk3

Guges Mk3 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Minneapolis
    For some reason I thought I saw Budapest and not Bucharest, now that I look again.

I surmise you are left handed?

If ambi-selector is important to you get that model.

However, Ambi-selectors are more of a hassle then not. It requires more parts that easily break and makes the mechbox more difficult to modify. It adds complexity for no real mechanical advantage unlike a real AR when someone has the weapon on Safe with a loaded chamber.

Plus SA is on average cheaper in the EU over the G&G and if you get the QD model of a SA it should still be cheaper. It's actually more universally compatible over the G&G with cosmetic changes.

5. R0bbyE

R0bbyE New Member

Bucharest
    Well, i mostly wanted the G&G one cause of looks, but you think i would be able to get the specna edge 2.0 one and then change its body to something similar like the gc 16 Warthog?

6. Guges Mk3

Minneapolis
    If you want the Keymod rail look...get the G&G. You won't be able to buy the outdated Keymod rails any more due to everyone moving to MLOK rails both in real steel and Airsoft.