G&G GR15 raider CQB outer barrel replacement

Discussion in 'Beginners Forum' started by Sierra1-1, Nov 17, 2012.

1. Sierra1-1

Sierra1-1 New Member

I'm relatively new to airsoft and i want to upgrade my G&G GR15 raider CQB. So i bought a Aimpoint style red dot sight only to find out that the triangle sight on my GR15 blocks the sight, rendering the sight useless. Unfortunately G&G GR15 triangle sight aren't removable, So my only option is to get a new outer barrel. I looked around and found the
    http://www.evike.com/product_info.php?cPath=25_101_277&products_id=40017
    I emailed evike to see if it would fit and i got told that it should fit it however it wouldn't allow the barrel nut to fit properly, and they way to get around this is to buy a new RIS. I have taken the RIS assembly completely off, including the barrel nut, and i dont see why an aftermarket outer barrel would not fit. Can anyone confirm what evike said, or an aftermarket barrel would fit fine?

2. bal1

bal1 New Member

Get a riser rail instead.

3. thuperman15

thuperman15 New Member

Yea lol riser mount would be easier but if you don't like the look of it the the barrel nut on the combat machines is a bit smaller than regular one and won't fit over the base of the barrel if I get home and have time ill take a few pics for comparison

4. Sierra1-1

Sierra1-1 New Member

Yeah a riser mount would be easier, but they look real ugly (in my opinion), thats why i decided to look for a new outer barrel

5. thedare1234

thedare1234 New Member

Another way to make it go over the from tight is to use a Cantilever mount for a aim point which a riser that is slanted and goes up. It looks good on a m4 and it's very cheap to by one also and it will get over the triangle for sight

6. Sierra1-1

Sierra1-1 New Member

That Cantilever mount looks sweet, just one question, how does the sight picture look, 'cuase i don't want to buy it and find out it dosen't work well

This is what it looks like on my GR15 raider at the moment

http://www.kevinholman.com/pics/guns/misc/witness.jpg

7. masterpro72

masterpro72 New Member

Would it help to file down the inside of the barrel nut to fit? Would that work?

8. Sierra1-1

Sierra1-1 New Member

It would, but i dont have the tools, and i dont want to screw it up

9. thuperman15

thuperman15 New Member

Comparison the barrel on the left a standard jg. One on the right is cm. Cm uses a two piece barrel that different than the jg significantly also the ris on the cm will only fit the cm barrel nut without modification. So best option would be two build or buy a new front set

Edit:sorry for the triple pic I'm on my phone and it said the app kept crashing and wouldn't upload correctly

Attached Files:

10. Sierra1-1

Sierra1-1 New Member

Thanks for the picks, i think it would best for me to buy a cantilever mount because replacing the front ris, and barrel, would be to expensive