G&g gr16 air leak

Discussion in 'Gun Building, Modifications & Repairs' started by Joshpeck, Dec 16, 2012.

1. Joshpeck

Joshpeck New Member

Eau Claire
    Hey I was wondering if it was possible that there could be a air leak from the gearbox of this gun. A friend said the fps on the gun decreased noticeably. He says he uses the spring detentioner. I think his bucking is ripped. What do you guys think is wrong.
    Also what's the highest strength spring you could use in
    The gun from the link.
    http://www.airsoftgi.com/mobile/product_info.php?products_id=6645

2. deathmechanic

deathmechanic Active Member

Davis
    How much is a noticeable decrease? There are many things that can happen, but we really can't tell you. You'll have to open it up and find out the problem yourself through testing.

With the proper tuning and using a large 9.6v you can use a m130 with it. The gears and motor will be stressed, but it is usable at a somewhat sluggish pace.

3. Joshpeck

Joshpeck New Member

Eau Claire
    He said that the bb's are barley moving once they leave the muzzle of the gun so it sounds like to me that the back spin is really how they are getting around at this point.

Also do you think the gun would be perfectly fine if he just bought a new spring, piston, and a motor? ( I own a gr16 so I know how crappy the motors are).