G&G JG or Echo1

Discussion in 'What Gun Should I Get?' started by Jimeni, Jun 21, 2015.

1. Jimeni

Jimeni New Member

Dayton
    Hello all,

Just a summary of want I am looking to do. My wife and I are looking for a back yard plinker to stay in practice with our 5.56 AR-15's. A lot cheaper and more convenient. I am not expecting a nail driver, but would like to be able to consistently hit soda cans at 50 feet or so. Don't hate me for this but, we bought a Black ops M4 Viper at ****'s. It was accurate, and pretty nice, for 3 weeks. Trigger broke, and replacement lasted less than a week. We will be shooting at least 4 times a week I would say, and average 4 mags per session. We did put almost 10,000 rounds through the 1st black ops. Yes, in 3 weeks. I am looking at 3 different M4's.

G&G Combat Machine M4 Raider with Polymer RIS AEG

Echo1 Troy MRF-C AEG

JG SUPER ENHANCED M4 CQB SOPMOD RIS

I am leaning towards the Echo 1 or JG

Any helpful input would be greatly appreciated. Not looking for a fan boy brand war, just facts. Thank you.

2. Jimeni

Jimeni New Member

Dayton
    I am also looking at the JG M4 CQBR Enhanced AEG.
    I am absolutely not opposed to upgrading, I love to tinker, but would like something descent out of the box to shoot for a while.

3. Tactical_Skittles

Tactical_Skittles Active Member

Moscow
    For training you may want to look into a GBBR. Mild kick, realistic trigger group, bolt locks open on empty mag, and certain brands have parts compatibility with real AR's. It's not going to be as cheap as an AEG, though. Some popular M4 GBBRs include the WE M4, G&P WOC, and KWA LM4.

4. Jimeni

Jimeni New Member

Dayton
    Thanks for the reply. those look nice but a bit out of my price range for this. We had a blast with the black ops, more muscle memory and aiming practice than realistic kick back.

5. MADR77

MADR77 Well-Known Member

Boise
    I suggest steering clear from G&G Combat Machines. If you truly want to just stick with backyard plinking and DON'T actually want to get into the sport of airsoft, I suggest buying just a standard JG or DBoys M4A1. They will run you about 120-130 and will more than meet your needs.

6. Jimeni

Jimeni New Member

Dayton
    Thank you for the input.

7. Nusao

Nusao Member

Syracuse
    This. I would say the Combat Machine line is better suited to entry level players looking for a fieldable AEG out of the box. It's more of an upgrade platform IMO. Without a battery and charger included, it'll cost you more than a JG or DBoys rifle for sure.

It's not a bad little gun, just probably not the best option for what you're looking for.

8. Jimeni

Jimeni New Member

Dayton
    I just ordered the Echo 1 Troy MRF-C. Thanks for the input Gentlemen.

9. MADR77

MADR77 Well-Known Member

Boise
    Always a pleasure to help :)