G&g m4 raider

Discussion in 'Electric Guns' started by clintonhorne, Nov 18, 2012.

1. clintonhorne

clintonhorne New Member

I'm about to the g&g m4 raider ad I wandering if there are any major problems with it

2. masterpro72

masterpro72 New Member

No
    I have one. They are amazing.

3. GreenListerine

GreenListerine New Member

Cheap feeling externals. Weak motor, piston, piston head, gears. Weak gearbox, with screws on opposite side. Bad wires. Bad compression. Bad barrel.

Yet people insist its good for some reason.

4. Nelson

Nelson Review Guru Supporting Member

Spokane
    Fantastic feeling externals actually. They have some of the best abs externals on the market.
    Motors not bad, pretty fast stock.
    Motors connectors are where the problem lays.
    Gearbox isn't weak, I've never had one crack on me with a proper radius.
    Wiring is 10x better than that of a KWA.
    Gears are fine. They will last stock for awhile same goes with the rest of the gun.
    Screws on the opposite side doesn't matter you're all just a bunch of winers about that.
    This gun with be just fine as a stock gun and will last a good amount of time for the price.

Edit: Bad Barrel? I rather enjoy the 6.035 barrel they put stock in their guns.

5. GreenListerine

I dislike their externals. Feels like a toy.
    Motor struggles with anything over m120. It's weak.
    You obviously haven't pushed your gearbox. They crack under moderate stress.
    Wiring sucks, nothing more to add to that. Use some good wiring and you will see the difference.
    Diameter of barrel doesn't mean it's good quality. It's light and prone to vibration.

These don't even compare to JG's..

6. Nelson

Spokane
    You added nothing to your argument there, congrats.
    I don't put more than an m120 into any gun without upgrading more parts.
    If you would like to show us actual results of your stress test I'd be more than happy to see it.
    Wiring does not suck, at all, never had a problem with it, only the motor connectors, like I already told you your just to ignorant to look.
    If you put good wiring in any gun you will see a difference, that was also a stupid comment.
    I have never ha vibration problems with mine. Stabilize your barrel, enough said.

They hold well against jg, even better in stock form. With a little tuning both guns they with both perform exceptionally.

The bottom line is this gun is a great gun for its price, and will last for a long time as a stock gun.

7. GreenListerine

I'm not arguing, way to sound like a 15 year old. You realize we are talking about the gun stock, right? Of course if you add better wires it'll perform better. I'm saying the stock wires are bad, and they are. If they were good, you wouldn't see a difference if you put upgraded wires.
    I never said you upgraded only the spring. Dumb idea, because if you did that, the weak parts inside wouldn't handle it.
    Of course a tuned gun will be exceptional. A tuned JG is exponentially better than a tuned CM.
    I don't need to look over your statements. Im going to ignore some things because i cant change your biased opinion. I've owned several of these POS's. I know what I'm talking about. I know what they can and can't handle.

8. Nelson

Spokane
    You are in fact arguing, or in better terms, debating on whether they are good guns or not. With his response you again adds no information for your biased opinion, but if you are going to have an opinion, at least read everything that is being said to give the OP all the information.
    I've never had a problem with the stock wiring of an G&G I have owned. Never. Run a 9.6v and your gun will perform just swell.
    If we are talking about stock guns, then stop talking about upgrades like wiring.
    The only real issue is the MOTOR CONNECTORS which you really just have to recrimp.
    If we are talking about stock guns as well, then why are you even saying it has a weak GB shell? If your not upgrading the gun the gearbox shell will be completely fine for thousand and thousands of rounds. My last g&g with a stock GB shell lasted 3+ years no problems yet.
    I'll put this in caps this time so you actually understand that AS A STOCK GUN THE G&G WILL PERFORM JUST FINE FOR A VERY LONG TIME AND IS HIGHLY RECOMMENDED FOR ITS PRICE RANGE.

9. GreenListerine

My opinion isn't biased, because I've owned CM's and many many other aeg's. I speak from experience, and I sure hope you've actually had at least 20 other aeg's before you truly support your statements.
    And if the OP wants answers, do some research. This has been discussed hundreds of times. No need to spoon feed this lazy generation.
    So your gun lasted 3 years, and? That has no relevance to the duration of the gun. It could've been 3 years but only shot 50k rounds on a 9.6v. Which is hardly anything.
    Have you even owned a CYMA AK, JG m4, JG g36, or any budget clone around the price of the CM?

10. schlabie

schlabie New Member

Yeah um no.... I would take a JG anyday..

11. Nelson

Spokane
    Are you joking? Your opinion isn't biased just because you have owned them? But my opinion is biased even though I have owned them too? You sir are just dumb.

Of course he can do his own research but no one ever seems to want to now so why not give him the best info you can instead of vague posts?

The gun had man many rounds through it maybe 300,000 or so and one abusive owner, the gun ran great.

I know a 9.6v isn't anything but for a STOCK GUN (which you liked to point out in one of your posts that we are talking about stock guns) a 9.6v is great, and allowed the gearbox to have a decent stock performance and still last.

In fact I have owned other budget aegs, and worked on even more. I never once said any other AEG at that budget was a poor choice, so why even bring it up? I put the g&g above the jg at stock performance because a jg wont last long without being tuned, unlike the g&g.

Edit: Schlabie if you are going to interject please actually add some value to your post.

12. theonlyBuster

theonlyBuster Active Member Lifetime Supporter

S. Florida
    GreenListerine, Nelson, I always like a good debate, but it's another thing when you guys start insulting each other. This is the interwebs. Learn to simply post your comments topped with facts and then move on. Not everyone will always agree, it's simply the way of life.
    Also guys, ALL reviews are biased. It's simply human nature.

In short OP, with the gun stock, it's pretty decent. 9 out of 10 times G&G tends to get the upper hand in terms of externals when compared to it's *equal JG in relation to ABS plastic bodies. In regards to internals, many (not all but many) owners have issues electronically, ie wiring and the motor. It does begin to strain when pulling the near standard 120M spring. Those are the main pros and cons with G&G.

If you're looking to get into the sport, it's a decent gun to grab, though I'd recommend their Proline series. I also definitely recommend you browse the forum a bit. G&G is a popular brand, so there are a lot of "Reviews" and information around the forum about the gun

*equal in terms of tier. Both are budget tier weapons

Last edited: Nov 19, 2012
  13. schlabie

schlabie New Member

Nelson, I wasnt interferring with your feud.. I was responding to the op.