G&g m4a1 cm

Discussion in 'Electric Guns' started by Devgru98, Aug 16, 2012.

1. Devgru98

Devgru98 New Member Supporting Member

Polo
    Before people start hating, I did use the search bar and look back through threads and found nothing. Furthermore the CM is an old one that's better so anyways. My friend had this laying around not using it and had it for awhile and didn't like it, he had matrix CASV rails put on it, but didn't like them. He then purchased a 10" free float rail system and at time of installing that a wire came undone right out if the gearbox his dad spliced it. Anyways he took this rail off and tonight he gave it to me free. The issue is the wire is frayed and I don't know if it would be better to sauter or splice. I snipped the frayed part with wire cutters and pulled off the shrink wrap on the some more. Advice appriciated, YouTube links maybe as well? Can post pics tomorrow if needed.

2. Thatguyoverthere1111

Thatguyoverthere1111 New Member

Mandeville
    Either soldering or splicing will work. Splicing is quicker but soldering is a better fix. More... Permanent. Although slightly more difficult.

3. Devgru98

Polo
    Do I need to use anything to hold them or just solder them together?

4. Thatguyoverthere1111

Thatguyoverthere1111 New Member

Mandeville
    Not really but a layer or two of electrical tape couldn't hurt.

5. Devgru98

Polo
    Soldering isn't working.. Any other ideas? Would a new GB fit in a G&G blowback lower reciver by chance?

6. Devgru98

Polo
    Can you buy complete G&G blowback gearboxes?

7. ShooterMcgavin

ShooterMcgavin New Member

New Port News
    If soldering doesnt work splicing will do fine. It doesnt look as pretty or hold up as well but it will get the job done.

8. Devgru98

Polo
    Haha, that was stupid! I forgot to check the fuse after soldering!! XD fail! Anyways I'm putting it back together and I have another little issue, it's front wired and when I try and put the recovers together the hopup hits the air nozzle. And ideas?