G&G or VFC UMP

Discussion in 'What Gun Should I Get?' started by Belgrim, Apr 16, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Belgrim

Belgrim Member

Hi guys. I'm thinking of my next CQB gun to be an SMG and i really like the UMP platform.
    Thing is that there are not many quality airsoft guns for this platform...

The only 2 that I think are worth it quality wise are the G&G and VFC ones.
    The problem is that one is an AEG and the other one a GBBG.

Anyone has any previous experience with those? And what do you suggest that I pick.
    (The price is almost the same i think)

2. leerihai

leerihai Member

The price isn't even close G&G aeg ump is half of the Vfc Ump, Vfc will be tougher to maintain and you will need to tune it before being able to field with it with a reliable Smg, aka it isn't going to be able to field when stock, that's for me with a old gen vfc Ump, not sure for new gens but after a bit of ticking with the mags it works fine, G&G is probably the best way to go if you aren't too good with shredding the whole thing to pieces to tune it

3. Belgrim

Belgrim Member

Yeah, maintenance is always costly for GBBs but i didnt know that i need to tune it from the get go.
    Also I'm not worried about the performance so much as long as it shoots normal. I want it for CQB only.

The main problem is parts availability and the crazy price of mags (60 EUR where i live).

GBBs are always more fun to shoot... That kick is awesome.

Anyway, if the external quality is the same then I might go for the G&G.

Thanks

4. Belgrim

Belgrim Member

Yeah, i am talking about the new gen 3 vfc (2018).

5. leerihai

leerihai Member

External wise I haven't compare them side by side(Heck I barely remember the G&G Ump, but I am pretty sure Vfc will be superior

6. Belgrim

Belgrim Member

Now if i buy the VFC it's gonna be your fault, saying things like that.

7. leerihai

leerihai Member

Well if you have the patience and materials to tune it properly, it *Should* be fine

Belgrim likes this.
  8. Lefse

Lefse Well-Known Member Supporting Member

I have a G&G UMP myself, and the external quality is exquisite, so I doubt the VFC is that superior externally. Internally it wasn't particularly good, nor particularly bad, as good as one can expect from a G&G in that price range, it was between a Combatmachine and Top Tech in internal quality. The main downside with the G&G is that it's not easy to find magazines for it, it can only really use G&G magazines, that come in 50 and 530 round variants, or CA 100 round midcaps with some tweaking.

I'm happy with the performance of my G&G UMP, but I have upgraded it, so my view is kinda biased, it didn't have poor stock performance though. Main issue before I upgraded it was the adjustment slider on the hop-up chamber that didn't hold it's position properly, not difficult to fix by adding a layer of glue or lacquer under it to make it tighter.

link0 and Belgrim like this.
  9. Belgrim

Belgrim Member

Thank you that's very informative. So i guess i will go with the one that has easily available magazines. Which in my case must be neither, cause i live in southern Europe.

Anyway, thanks for the help guys.

10. Lefse

Lefse Well-Known Member Supporting Member

I think maybe Powair6 still sell G&G UMP magazines, but you still have to choose between either 50 round or 530 round magazines, neither are ideal for me. :(

Belgrim likes this.
  11. Belgrim

Belgrim Member

Powair6 has 50bb mags for 22euros. I hope they deliver to Greece. Really nice, thank you.

Lefse likes this.