G&G Raider upgrades

Discussion in 'Gun Building, Modifications & Repairs' started by deathdogsIII, Dec 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. deathdogsIII

deathdogsIII New Member

I am trying to get my gun to shoot as close to 400 fps while shooting over 25 rps. Currently my gun shoots 28 rps while my fps is a horrific 214. I obviously have compression issues, but I would like to replace the faulty parts rather than to patch them up.

What is currently in my gun is; 13:1 shs gears, brass bearings, shs air nozzle, an element ultra high torque motor, shs hop up, shs 14 metal tooth polycarbonate piston, and an 11.1v 3000 mah lipo battery. Money is not an issue and I would appreciate any advice given. Thanks!

2. masterpro72

masterpro72 New Member

First off, Get a new barrel. I own the Raider and I know that a dirty barrel decreases fps like nothing else does. Next, Get steel bushings instead of the current brass ones. next Upgrade your spring and piston head(not piston. Just head). Correct the AOE. Re-shim/re-grease. Next, Get new MOFSET wiring to Deans and buy an 11.1 Lipo battery. Next, Buy a High-speed motor. With all that, your gun should be the definition of PERFECT.

3. Devgru98

Devgru98 New Member Supporting Member

Polo
    Why upgrade parts he already has? And about the barrel.. Or just clean it o_O

4. Nelson

Nelson Review Guru Supporting Member

Spokane
    Huh? He just needs to fix his compression right now. It could be the O ring needs replacing. If you don't have a spare cylinder to use to stretch your current o ring, pick up a #14. Then you'll want to re grease.

I would also like to point out that you, masterpro, talk about the g&g barrel all the time, yet you have no idea what you're talking about! Of course a dirty barrel will cause issues, but, it won't take the gun down to 214. Another thing, in most cases, high speed motors are useless.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2012
  5. masterpro72

masterpro72 New Member

I was giving a list including some things he already had so he could check them off. You actually need to clean the G&G barrel pretty often and it gets annoying.

6. Nelson

Spokane
    I've owned a couple G&G's. I not once had a problem with having to clean it constantly. Though I clean mine after most games, that's not the point. You know how I know you don't know what you're talking about? You always say they have steel barrels, but, they don't.

7. Nelson

Spokane
  8. masterpro72

masterpro72 New Member

What makes you say that?

9. levirocks

levirocks #FreeNuggy Lifetime Supporter

arlington
  10. masterpro72

masterpro72 New Member

If it's not steel then what is it?

11. levirocks

arlington
    Most likely zinc as it's cheap and not cost prohibitive.

12. Nelson

Spokane
    Not to mention it doesn't come stock in the raider series. Only the gr16.

13. masterpro72

masterpro72 New Member

I know what zinc feels like and I can tell you that it is NOT zinc sir

14. marine121496

marine121496 Wahahaha~ Supporting Member

Ann Arbor
    I thought it was aluminium...and so does starfolder.

15. masterpro72

masterpro72 New Member

No sir it is not. I've held an aluminum barrel and I can tell you that and aluminum barrel feels alot lighter weight.

16. levirocks

arlington
    [​IMG]

Well it obviously is not steel. So what is it then?

17. masterpro72

masterpro72 New Member

What makes you think it's not steel?

18. levirocks

arlington
    This from MiA. Really don't think you should be able to do that with steel.

19. Nelson

Spokane
    Are you a metal whisperer? The combat machines do not have steel barrels. Though I haven't owned one I believe the GR16 does come with the barrel linked.

Ive owned the GR15 and standard CM16, neither of which had a steel barrel. They are right, they come aluminum.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.