G&G Sportline M4 Receiver Separation Problems

Discussion in 'Gun Building, Modifications & Repairs' started by Joshly, Sep 19, 2012.

1. Joshly

Joshly New Member

Spokane
    Hia, I'm Joshly, and I'm new to airsoft. After reading some good reviews, I ordered a G&G Sportline M4 (Non-blowback), and its overall performance is great, but it's lacking in accuracy and range. I ordered a 6.01 TB Barrel to help with the problem, and I want to install it myself, but I have run into a slight problem. When I try to separate the lower receiver from the upper, something inside of the gun gets snagged or stuck, and it only slides a tiny bit, seen here:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I've fiddled with it for a good hour now, but I haven't succeeded in opening the darn thing. I'm not sure what to do, and the nearest repair shop is quite far from here. Any suggestions?

(Sorry for the noob question, but honestly, I'm a noob.)

2. marine121496

marine121496 Wahahaha~ Supporting Member

Ann Arbor
    That's the bolt getting caught pull that kinda T thing back and sorta slide it over this little wedge below it (all the while pushing the receivers apart) to get them apart.

3. Joshly

Joshly New Member

Spokane
    Alright, I tried that, but it didn't work. :(

4. Pezturbator

Pezturbator New Member

It is the forward assist. I think it decompresses the spring. Im not sure it works on G&G aegse

5. Joshly

Joshly New Member

Spokane
    On the sportline series, the forward assist is only there aesthetic purposes.

6. CoppertopNeasg

CoppertopNeasg New Member

Boston
    Did you remember to disconnect the bullet connectors?

7. alex

alex New Member

Atlanta
    can you post a pic of the entire gun? need to see if you have something odd in the way. sometimes it needs a good pull then halfway, the charging handle will stop it. pull the charging handle out and upwards to fully remove it. but if it's front wired, careful not to damage the wires. need to see the front end to see if there is any slack for the wires to pull through.

8. Devgru98

Devgru98 New Member Supporting Member

Polo
    What you need to do is disconnect your wires in the handgaurd, then take out both pins and slide the whole upper reciver and front end forward. It's like a metal body doesn't have tabs.

9. Joshly

Joshly New Member

Spokane
    The bullet connectors were disconnected, and after a little bit more wiggling and pulling (and following Alex's advice), I finally pulled the two recievers apart. Thanks for the help guys! :D