G&P M16 frustration...

Discussion in 'General Airsoft Discussion' started by Whiplashairsoft1, Jul 17, 2012.

1. Whiplashairsoft1

Whiplashairsoft1 New Member

42 Wallaby Way
    Hi everyone,

Okay, I know this is probably a really stupid question, but I can't figure it out. Now that I've got the money, I was going to buy a G&P M16a3. However, I've decided that I'd really like rails rather than the traditional handguards. I can't find whether G&P makes one of these or not! http://www.gp-web.com/en/productspop.php?pid=2861 This gun appears to be what I'm looking for, but it says that it has a "Canada type metal body" and that it's only for sale to Canada. So basically, I have four questions: What is a Canada type metal body, why is it only for sale in Canada, does G&P make what I'm looking for, and where could I find that?...Any advice?

Thanks!

2. Batman

Batman New Member

Wichita
    Yes, G&P makes an M16A4. I believe Levi was selling one awhile ago, PM him.

3. Batman

Batman New Member

Wichita
    I'm about 98% sure that the A4 comes stock with a rail system. While the A3 has removable carry handle, A2 handgaurds, and SAFE, SEMI, FULL.

4. Thatguyoverthere1111

Thatguyoverthere1111 New Member

Mandeville
    In airsoft terms the A4 is just the A3 with a rail system. In RS there are different fire modes.

5. pancakemix56

pancakemix56 New Member

Boston
    Gah! Avoid g&p m16s. So many people (including myself) have had troubles with these.

6. thatoneguy

thatoneguy New Member

Lakeville
    Pancake, the only reason you had troubles was because you decided to take it apart.

7. levirocks

levirocks #FreeNuggy Lifetime Supporter

arlington
    I've had trouble and I believe Reko did also.

8. thatoneguy

thatoneguy New Member

Lakeville
    . It was a joke, I accidentally forgot my winky face.

9. pancakemix56

pancakemix56 New Member

Boston
    I needed to take it apart it wasn't working :/

10. schmidty

schmidty New Member

Washington D.C.
    Did you all have the same problems? I've planned on buying a G&P m4 soon and this doesn't sound good.

11. levirocks

arlington
    My gun only shoot semi auto when held at an angle. The full auto was iffy and didn't work sometimes.

12. schmidty

schmidty New Member

Washington D.C.
    This just sounds like faulty trigger contacts, am I right?

13. Dead Eye

Dead Eye New Member

Ocala
    I have had mine about a year without issue. and lots of BBs slung.

14. Whiplashairsoft1

42 Wallaby Way
    Hmm…Thanks for all the feedback guys.

I really appreciate the link, but I don’t suppose you have one from an American retailer? I really don’t want to pay that shipping and my dad gets kinda angry when I buy from foreign companies, because they’re often hard to deal with (in his opinion) and things just get….frustrating. Anyhow….

How bad can they really be? I mean, we have record of what, three people that have had problems with them? Out of how many? Just not sure…..What about the VFC?

Also, how can the G&P M16 be so bad if the G&P M4 is considered such a great gun? That doesn’t really make a whole lot of sense, IMO.

15. Knief

Knief Moderator Moderator

Ann Arbor
    And you just found the problem with the history of bias here.

G&P ARs are decent, but not the be all end all that a lot of people make them out to be. They look and feel great, shoot well, and have some reliability problems. Those aren't insurmountable and can often be very minor, but it's a concern for anybody guying a G&P.

For the gun you're looking for, you'll most likely have to order from overseas. Tell your dad to suck it up. Ehobby is a reputable place with fast shipping and solid customer service:

http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/aeg/g-p-hong-kong/gandp-m16a4-ras-airsoft-aeg.html

[Edit] Another option:

http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/aeg/g-p-hong-kong/gandp-m5-ras-airsoft-aeg.html

Different receiver, sights, trigger guard. Not worth the price difference to me, and the first one is what the US military actually issues.

16. Whiplashairsoft1

42 Wallaby Way
    Ah, thanks.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2012
  17. Whiplashairsoft1

42 Wallaby Way
    Sorry for the double post:

Alright, so let’s say I go ahead and just purchase the regular A3 from evike (I’ll be able to get it for $230 with the coupon code, so almost $100 cheaper than the first gun in Knief’s link – I don’t think I need an RIS badly enough to spend that kind of cash). Anyhow, if the gun DOES do what Reko, Pancake, or Levi’s guns did, I’ll be able to return it and get my cashola back from evike, correct?

And levi, did you ever fix the problem? Have you sold it yet?

18. levirocks

arlington
    I've not gotten around to fixing it yet. The GB is taken apart though and some parts were sold. Not sold yet.