G&P M16A3 Vs. VFC M16A3

Discussion in 'What Gun Should I Get?' started by SwampLife24, Sep 16, 2012.

1. SwampLife24

SwampLife24 New Member

Hey I was looking to get a new gun here in the future and I've decided that I want a M16A3. I thought VFC and G&P were two of my best options. But the question is which is better? I don't want any fan boys just straight up facts. And if you would like to suggest a brand that maybe better feel free to do so.

2. Scarred

Scarred New Member

VFC M16A3. VFC is far superior to G&P in my opinion.

3. SwampLife24

SwampLife24 New Member

Can you present facts and tell me why? Have you tried both guns?

4. RCV

RCV New Member

Fact, VFC has a better body and plastic. Fact, VFC has cool bolt locking features along with a dust cover that actually stays closed. Fact, VFC's GBs have a much better record in the past. Fact, VFC has a better barrel. Fact, VFC's externals tend to be more solid. Fact, VFC has a slimmer pistol grip. Fact, I'm not a fanboy.

5. SwampLife24

SwampLife24 New Member

Alright and you said it was gas blowback?

6. RCV

RCV New Member

Fact, I said nothing close to that.

7. SwampLife24

SwampLife24 New Member

Oh my bad I'm really tired and when my brain saw the letters G and B together it instantly put it together to make gas blowback because we were having a convo about them earlier well thanks alot for your help I'm not gonna make my decision off of one persons facts I want to see more people say VFC

8. SwampLife24

SwampLife24 New Member

Oh I do know what GB means. GEARBOX..... Lol

9. levirocks

levirocks #FreeNuggy Lifetime Supporter

arlington
    Honestly. They are about equal. G&P has it's faults and so does VFC. Either will suit you well.

10. SwampLife24

SwampLife24 New Member

Ok I know for sure that the VFC handguards are plastic is that true for the G&P version of the gun as well?

11. GunsnBones

GunsnBones New Member

Yes, the G&P has a plastic handguard.

12. Knief

Knief Moderator Staff Member

Ann Arbor
    So does a real M16A3. You won't find an M16A3 with a metal handguard because the real gun doesn't have a metal handguard. It wouldn't make sense to make it metal on an airsoft replica.

13. Lil_Shady

Lil_Shady Administrator Staff Member Lifetime Supporter

Ok, most people know I'm a G&P fanboy, but I'll try to keep that out of this.

I have owned both VFC and G&P. With my VFC I had gearbox locking issues multiple times, and a bad hop up out of the box. The externals were very nice, and the rate of fire was decent.

With G&P, the hop up is good, respectably accurate without tuning. I do have gearbox locking issues as well, but I think that might have been the fault of the tech I sent it to to be cleaned. These locks can be fixed by a quick full auto burst.

So pound for pound, I gotta agree with Levi. They are about equal. Both have their issues, but both are very nice rifles.

14. MagPulfan

MagPulfan New Member

Seattle
    I'd go VFC mostly for the more unique guns, 416s, SCARs, AKs, MK18s... G&P for any M4A1/M16 variant. Why? Just because as some have said, quality wise, about the same level. It's more, in what package do you want your quality?

15. kean101

kean101 New Member

I Had the same exact problem although i had the kwa as one of my options people shot it down pretty fast and told me vfc or g&p but vfc is better stock so i bought it and i can personally say its a fantastic gun is plenty strong also the function bolt catch thingy is fun to mess with although the accuracy leaves something to be desired it gets the job done and all the plastic parts on the gun feel VERY high quality and the metal parts are mostly if not all aluminum its its lightweight yet strong.I have never had any experience with the g&p but know that iv got the vfc version i think theirs no going back for me. :D

16. Lil_Shady

Holy christ. PLEASE learn to punctuate and capitalize.

17. Scarred

Scarred New Member

Since when are SCARS an AKs unique?

Last edited: Sep 19, 2012
  18. kean101

kean101 New Member

Well im sorry i typed this rather fast but honestly i don't think my capitalization will make getting the idea across any harder.

19. Lil_Shady

Proper spelling, capitalization, and punctuation is in the rules. Please follow them.

20. SwampLife24

SwampLife24 New Member

Thanks everyone I think I might buy the G&P version of this gun because I don't feel like getting a new hop up for it I'd rather just have everything I need when I buy the gun. Thanks for all the feed back.