G&P M4 Body Pins

Discussion in 'Gun Building, Modifications & Repairs' started by Rainbow, Aug 12, 2012.

1. Rainbow

Rainbow New Member

Whenever I try to remove the body pins on my G&P m4 they won't come out. I have tried it with multiple tools and have had no luck. Any suggestions?

P.S: sorry if duplicate thread I did use the search bar

2. SilentVectorX

SilentVectorX Member

San Angelo
    1. Remove any button-cap screws from the left side of the gun, if it has any.
    2. Grab a screwdriver (or a punch if you have them) and a hammer, and tap the pins out from the left to the right side.

3. Rainbow

Rainbow New Member

I tried, it won't budge

4. SilentVectorX

SilentVectorX Member

San Angelo
    They are knurled and interference fit to the receiver, they are probably going to take a GOOD whack.

5. ShooterMcgavin

ShooterMcgavin New Member

New Port News
    Yeah I had trouble getting 1 of the 2 body pins on my G&P MOE M4 out. It didnt line correctly with the body and gearbox so it takes alot of force to get in and out but it can be done.

6. CoppertopNeasg

CoppertopNeasg New Member

Boston
    Just take a nail set and put a piece of leather or thick cloth between it and the body pin and give it a couple could whacks. That's the best way I have found so far if they are being stubborn.

7. marine121496

marine121496 Wahahaha~ Supporting Member

Ann Arbor
    Yep like everyone else says it seems like they won't come out but you just need to hit harder.

8. Rainbow

Rainbow New Member

Alright, I'll try it when I get my gun out later, thanks!