G&P M4 Flashhider Removal

Discussion in 'General Airsoft Discussion' started by IainS, Aug 12, 2012.

1. IainS

IainS New Member

Bay Area
    Hey guys,

I just got a G&P M4 and was hoping to replace the orange flashider. There are two holes in it, the one on top is empty and barrel threads are visible through it. Under that there is a pin which seems to be holding the flashhider on. Anybody have any expierience with these? Any ideas how to remove it? The pin does not protrude out on the otherside, it seems to be going in halfway or so.

Thanks

2. Slayer

Slayer New Member

well I had an m4 like that, I ran HOT water over it to loosen the glue and then got a pair of pliers and a couple of seconds and some brute force later it broke free.

3. IainS

IainS New Member

Bay Area
    Ok I'll try that, thanks for the tip

4. UrGirlfriendz

UrGirlfriendz New Member

Bridgewater
    To get my G&P flash hider off, I took a monkey wrench and adjusted it to fit and twisted, it came of easy with that. Just remember it's CCW, so righty loosey lefty tighty.

5. Dead Eye

Dead Eye New Member

Ocala
    wrong G&P run cw threads so lts standard threading. Lefty Loosey righty tight.

6. UrGirlfriendz

UrGirlfriendz New Member

Bridgewater
    Ah, screw it, I could swear mine is CCW, I will check in a little bit.

EDIT: Well I'll be damned. I just checked, it is CW, disregard my last post, OP.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2012
  7. AirsoftimusPrime

AirsoftimusPrime New Member

Satellite Beach
    Don't mean to necro, but G&P M4s have CW threads- the flash hider however, that it comes with, has a CCW threading. Break its little neck and put a black one on there.

8. pipdaddy7

pipdaddy7 New Member

I didn't see it mentioned yet, but make sure you remove the set screw(the little pin on the bottom). When I did work on a G&P, mine came off with a little twist. However, the threads on my orange tip got ruined so I may have gotten a lemon tip. Follow the links that 703 linked, they will be helpful.

Edit: I see how old this thread is now, sorry for bumping

9. Dead Eye

Dead Eye New Member

Ocala
    no that happened on mine too I think they might have a slight bit of glue on them as I had to really clean the heck out of my threads after as well...

10. Superto4ster

Superto4ster New Member

Lake Carles
    I know this is a necro post, but this is important. On mine I had to use a dremel to get the set screw out. Don't end up like me and do this to your threads. I don't think a flash hider or suppressor will work after this.

Attached Files:

11. IainS

IainS New Member

Bay Area
    Same exact thing that happened to me. My threads look even worse though. I'll be replacing the outer barrel but that's a good point. Don't try to twist off your G&P flash hiders. Did you order yours from Evike?