G&P M4 Hop up and upgrades

Discussion in 'Gun Building, Modifications & Repairs' started by Esoda, Nov 22, 2012.

1. Esoda

Esoda New Member

Well I just got back from test firing my new G&P M4 I got from the Evike black holiday specials (This M4: http://www.evike.com/product_info.php?products_id=39956). I'm having a hard time adjusting the hop up on it. Basically, when I turn the wheel it will turn very easily until it hits a bump then requires more force to continue to turn it up. Pretty much what was happening is that it will not add enough spin until I get past the rough spot then it applies a little too much spin. If I try to bring it back down it will not apply enough backspin. I'm using .25g Evike BBs if that makes any difference, I may go back down to .2g until I can get this resolved.

So, I'm guessing it would be best to just get a new hop up chamber and while I'm at it probably a new bucking. What are your guys opinions on my issue as well as suggestion for better aftermarket prices?

Thanks!

2. Mystery43_4

Mystery43_4 New Member

Santa Barbara
    That's a common problem among lower quality chambers. I've had it happen to me a couple of times, mainly with SHS chambers, but as far as what causes it, I have yet to take those chambers apart and figure it out. I just swap everything out for Lonex chambers which are absolutely fantastic.

If they're in stock, then check ClandestineAirsoft.com

3. Esoda

Esoda New Member

Alright, yeah I've heard quite a few good things about the Lonex chambers. Clandestine doesn't have any, but trinityairsoft has some, though I've never ordered from them before.

Do the chambers come completely disassembled? How difficult is it to assemble them if you have no prior experience to messing with the chambers? Also, any buckings you would suggest while I'm at it upgrading the hop up?

4. Axis

Axis New Member Supporting Member

Yes, the chambers come completely disassembled. They are, however, relatively easy to assemble. Just look up a video on how to assemble one.

Get a Lonex soft bucking.

EDIT: Oh, and you can get the Lonex unit at WGC Shop. Make sure to get Express shipping too, unless you like to get your stuff months after ordering.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2012
  5. Esoda

Esoda New Member

Alright great! Thanks for the info. Is trinityairsoft a reliable sight?

6. Axis

Axis New Member Supporting Member

^Check out my edit. WGC is good.

7. Esoda

Esoda New Member

Gah, they are out of the Lonex M4 chambers as well!