G&P or CYMA?

Discussion in 'What Gun Should I Get?' started by sku3397, Jan 7, 2013.

1. sku3397

sku3397 New Member

Hello all,

I'm looking for an AK in the ~$200 range, an AEG, and I have a few questions.

I'm looking at the G&P AK001, the CM048, and CM050. Anyone have any opinions on external durability, internals, and overall?

I plan on building it for high ROF and I was eyeing the 8mm bearings on the G&P gearbox for durability.. opinions on G&P gearbox vs CMYA?

Thanks in advance!

2. sku3397

sku3397 New Member

also, the cm050 has blowback.. anyone have experience using a blowback gun with a higher ROF? issues?

3. schultzebomb

schultzebomb New Member

Monterey
    Blow bac would not be good for a high ROF build. You can disable the blow back however.

4. koolaidman

koolaidman New Member

cheney
    G&P all the way. Not even a contest.

5. theonlyBuster

theonlyBuster Active Member Lifetime Supporter

S. Florida
    Without posting factual reasons to back your claim, your post is simply the equivalent of the boy who cried wolf. Please provide backing as to why or do not post.

6. IHOP

IHOP New Member

Rockton
    Go with a Cyma CM048.

It is a VFC clone, so it uses a better design for the AK rather than the TM design used by G&P.
    It's got real wood and stamped steel receivers.

7. masterpro72

masterpro72 New Member

I've heard great things about the cm048 and was actually about to purchase one myself. Those things are tough. [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SF_NqUVmP78[/ame]

8. naamtune

naamtune Member

Redlands
    CM048. It's a VFC clone, which has a takedown similar to the real steel. Its internal is great, and it's real wood. If you don't like real wood then you can replace the stock and handguard.

9. bbattlefield

bbattlefield New Member

I know the op wanted G&P or Cyma, I was jus asking for myself how would the G&G AK stack up against these? (I know out of price range)

10. masterpro72

masterpro72 New Member

From what i've heard, G&Ps often require a little more service OTB. They don't really "require" actually but it has been recommended before. I,ve seen them run OTB well before but honestly, I'd be led to think that the cm048 would be best if Op wants a good AK that does the job. However, according to the chrono tests I've watched, the cm048 shoots to hot for most fields(450+fps).

11. sku3397

sku3397 New Member

Thanks for all the info guys!!

I was eyeing the G&P mainly because of the 8mm bearings in the GB.. I was thinking this might give it more resistance to jamming and enhance durability, but does that matter next to CMYA's overall design?

Im going to shim and aoe it out of the box, and I can definitely bring down the FPS if needed.. im just wondering which AK in the ~200 price range would be the best platform top build off of. Its looking like CMYA is tried and true... any other opinions?

12. 123456abcdef

123456abcdef New Member

Chapel Hill
    I have a CYMA 048, they are amazing. They do not break. They also shoot fast and hard. I would recommend it.

13. masterpro72

masterpro72 New Member

Get the CYMA. Bearings actually don't do that much compared to bushings. Bearings are for high-speed but they are more fragile and break easier. Bushings are for durability and will take alot more stress before there is wear on them.

14. Comrade_Communism

Comrade_Communism New Member

DFW
    Real steel, real wood, really heavy for my scrawny arms. ;)

Finding a different hand guard is easy. I'm not so sure about the stock, since I'm not sure if real steel parts would have the little space where the stock meets the receiver for the battery wires.

AK buddy! I own one of these, and out of the box mine shot at 460ish with .20gs. It's a really nice gun. Hasn't failed me yet. My only problem is it's a bit heavy to run with after a few hours of playing.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2013
  15. naamtune

naamtune Member

Redlands
    If it's heavy then it's a good sign that dear Kalashnikov is making you healthier. ;)

Stocks might be a bit problematic. You'll probably have to be creative with the approach on how to fit it on to the receiver end. Real steels can be fitted on to the AK with extensive modifications.

16. Comrade_Communism

Comrade_Communism New Member

DFW
    I'm not complaining... too much. I need to bulk up a bit.

That's what i've noticed. Evike has a stock made by Matrix for the AK74, but I'm not 100% sure if it will fit. At least not without some modification.

17. Courage

Courage New Member

Lexington
    Let's do some thinking here:

G&P
    Little experience for V3 GBs
    Uses inferior TM AK design
    Not known for AKs

CYMA
    Makes many AKs, well experienced with V3
    Well known for AKs
    Uses superior VFC design

For me, is no contest.

18. Ehudakineyah

Ehudakineyah New Member

Mililani
    I'd honestly go CYMA for the money :)

G&P will have better external quality lol. But the CYMA will win overall performance and internal wise.

CYMA probably makes some of the best airsoft AK variants on the market. And... They're cheap lol.

Don't let the price fool you, CYMA's perform well out of the box :)

G&P is a little more expensive, and limited in the selection of style of AK's.

I would honestly choose a classic army or G&G AK series for the other mid-low price ranged stuff. Minus the Chinese stuff and the high end stuff lol.

But... The high end stuff is out of the question of this thread lol, so I will not mention it ;) haha