G&P? Really that good?

Discussion in 'Electric Guns' started by chineseairsofterss, Jan 9, 2013.

1. chineseairsofterss

chineseairsofterss New Member

This is my opinion but let me tell you about my adventure.

Back when i was a young airsofter I was ready to step into the world of high quality AEGs. So after asking many times on here what gun I should get I was repeadtly told the G&P M4s. So I got the G&P M4 crane stock from evike.

So when it first came I was am excited little boy. When I went outside to test fire it the piston stripped. So that was the first problem. This was less than 100 rounds, shooting the gun.

So I thought to myself all companys have lemons. So I sent it back to evike and got the RMA and all that good stuff, and they sent me a brand new gun. So after I got my new G&P I was still having so e disappointments.

Despite it having no wobble, which should be good, the gun was super and I mean crazy stiff. I had to use an exceptional amount of force to move the crane stock. It almost seemed like it was glued to the stock. Next I could tell the stock, shimming was terrible, high pich grinding noises, and just awful to listen to.

Yes I know your thinking I could just reshim. But the thing is some people dont know how to shim, and some people cant shim properly, some people dont even know what shimming is. But the thing was I had no shims at the time.

Later I got RIS to put on my gun, it clearly said it was compatible with all kinds of M4s except for the G&P apparently., upon installation, I realized that the top part did not sit flush with the upper receiver so it did not look good on the gun, which made it uncompatible in my book.

Later my bucking ripped, which I replaced with a Systema later on. And im not even gonna mentio nhow the magazine didnt even feed after nonstop attempts of breaking it in.

Lets not forget to mention how my GB would lock up after every 5 shots on semi.

So honestly, I dont see why people like G&P that much, I honestly would not recommend it to my friends. My Combat 'Machine outpeforms it.

So honestly im starting to hate my G&P, so are they really that goos.

But when I started upgrading the crap out of it, it started peforming like any upgraded gun should, and thats a completely different story.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2013
  2. levirocks

levirocks #FreeNuggy Lifetime Supporter

arlington
    The only good thing about G&P in my opinion is the externals.

3. Nelson

Nelson Review Guru Supporting Member

Spokane
    +1 but I would add the 8mm gearbox shell. Other than that pistons crap and gears are crap. Trigger harness and contacts were less than impressive.

4. Lefse

Lefse Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Hm, my first G&P gun, an M16A4 will arrive to me in two days, you guys are making me worried... I'm actually going to replace most of the internals anyway so I should probably be okay.

5. VTMZ

VTMZ Active Member

Paducah
    I agree with this. A better choice would be a Classic Army proline.

6. Ehudakineyah

Ehudakineyah New Member

Mililani
    Brand new model? 2010-present?

All I can say is tight tolerances lol

A side note:
    They are made to be run on a 9.6v battery from factory.
    So don't expect it run long on a 11.1v LiPo ;) lol. Silly G&P M120 motor lol

You're a good tech so this gun shouldn't be a problem. More experience for you lol :D hahaha since it's you first G&P gun

7. Shady

Shady Administrator Staff Member Administrator Moderator Lifetime Supporter

Hm, I haven't had any problems with mine. About 30k rounds in I had it looked at, no problems. I'm at about 45ish now and the bevel gear is just starting to get worn.

8. pancakemix56

pancakemix56 New Member

Boston
    I see a lack of consistency with g&p. Mine basically came broken and would heat up and cause a 2-3 second trigger delay after 100 rounds... It wasn't good. Some people's run fine. I would say its a gamble with a high reward but I wouldn't take it

9. Lefse

Hm, I don't think it's one of their newer models as it has a 7mm GB. Well, as long as the GB shell and cylinder head and nozzle holds up, I'll be fine, those are the only parts I'm keeping hehe. Well, If the GB shell and cylinder head fails, I'll just replace them with Lonex parts, no biggie. :D Thanks for the compliment btw. ^^

10. Ehudakineyah

Ehudakineyah New Member

Mililani
    You've only had one. And you tried to work on it lol

11. 1badweasel

1badweasel New Member

Santa Rosa
    Must be, because as of late, I've had no real issues with mine. But I did open the gearbox and re-shimmed it before really using it. Haven't put 30k rounds in it yes, so I'll keep my fingers crossed.

12. Ehudakineyah

Ehudakineyah New Member

Mililani
    Just radius the gearbox and do all the simple mods lol ;)

Eh keep the nozzle lol. It's pretty good :)

Change the cylinder head if you want, still gotta correct the AOE anyways for a new piston ;) lol. Drop one in lol. Can hurt haha.

I change everything anyways lol ;)

13. Lefse

Radiusing the shell was on my to-do list from the start. Gonna tune every inch of the internals, wanna make it my best build so far hehe. Well, as long as the externals are intact I can always rebuild the internals.

14. pancakemix56

pancakemix56 New Member

Boston
    I had to work on it because it didn't fire well and I RMAed it and they didn't fix it at all.

I'm not the only one who has seen difficulties with g&p.

I've seen many members post issues with their g&ps.

Their gearbox shell is very nice, I will give you that.

15. chineseairsofterss

chineseairsofterss New Member

Ive had nothing but trouble with my G&P.

16. Ehudakineyah

Ehudakineyah New Member

Mililani
    Don't worry. I've had many problems with G&P's over 50+ guns. From 2007-present day. I've owned about 20 personal G&P's personally from M4's-M14's and so on. More M4's.
    So I know what it is. And I have seen the worst possible things happen.

G&P has come a long way. And it is what it is.

Just like if I gave a "New" tech a Tokyo Marui gun. They'll think it's worse then a Chinese gun lol.
    Till.... They get out-ranged by the stock TM gun shooting 280 fps lol.

Well I know people have problems with G&P series weapons all over the world. But they can't take the occurrence/problem personally from a couple bad incidents. In your case you only have "one".
    Especially if the gun is not "new" and if they are not the first owner.

I see more problems coming from a second hand owner then a first hand owner. If the gun is used, you can't expect the gun to be as the factory sent it out. So there is no "real" first impression of the internals and externals lol. And... It's used lol ;)

All in all, G&P is what it is. You're paying for more of a External Quality gun then an internal quality gun. But the performance is good as the factory made it for.
    Performance is set for a 9.6v type battery. Use anything else, then that is your choice. The outcome being good or bad.

17. Leonidas

Leonidas New Member

Des Moines
    Yay, I see everyone helping bunny into world domination. I've never had G&P, but their externals sound nice.

18. LegacyAirsoft

LegacyAirsoft You can say I tech a little... Moderator

Massachusetts
    I always thought VFC externals were better ;) and if they are is their even a point to getting a G&P?

19. Ehudakineyah

Ehudakineyah New Member

Mililani
    Lol they are getting better then G&P :p VFC just needs to come standard with a metal hop chamber then their plastic one haha.

But I'm trying to stay on topic haha xD

G&P is just "slightly" lighter now in weight. Only thing I don't like about G&P is that they went with making all their build tolerances really really slim. And it's irritating after multiple guns. And they add more screws -___- haha. If you've worked on the new ones lol xD

OTB, a G&P can outperform a VFC slightly. But a VFC will last more internally in the long long run. All running at factory specifications with a 9.6v NiCd/NiMh.
    The self shimming VFC runs slightly smoother OTB the the G&P. Just at a slower ROF. G&P will win in range, but... It's not extravagant lol.

Time will tell though :) VFC is stepping up fast. And are making lots and lots of side branded AR's. And they're looking better and better each yeah :) we'll see what shot show brings us ;) and probably the weird ICS goodies lol

20. levirocks

levirocks #FreeNuggy Lifetime Supporter

arlington
    My G&P failed on a 8.4v within the first day that I got it.