G&P Trigger contacts gone, also need piece identification

Discussion in 'Gun Building, Modifications & Repairs' started by ShooterMcgavin, Aug 21, 2012.

1. ShooterMcgavin

ShooterMcgavin New Member

New Port News
    Well the G&P M4 Magpul Carbine I was trying to sell died. So its being taken off the market. I new there was a problem with the wiring but when I took apart I find out that the tigger has some nasty carbon build up. So I took everything out of it and cleaned them up. I read some where that there was a compound that can help prevent this in the future. You rub it on the contacts and it helps them resist carbon though i cannot find the thread with it. After I clean up the contacts I plan on putting it back together and eventually clean up everything and polish it and get the compression good once I have more time. I do have 2 questions though.

What is this? I found it on my desk before I opened up the gearbox though it may just be some random piece from some thing else I am not sure.

[​IMG]

2. ThompsonFTW

ThompsonFTW New Member

Dayton
    Your thinking of dielectric silicone.

3. ShooterMcgavin

New Port News
    Thank you. I will pick some up before putting this back together. This can be found at ACE or Advanced auto yes?

4. ThompsonFTW

ThompsonFTW New Member

Dayton
    I get mine at autozone.

5. ld513

ld513 New Member

Cincinnati
    I got my dielectric from autozone as well. That clip looks to me like a retainer so the body pins stay in the body....

6. ShooterMcgavin

New Port News
    Yeah it may be for the larger body pin holding the gearbox to the lower reciever. I will try it out when I put it back together. Thanks for the help guys.