G&P Upgrade

Discussion in 'General Airsoft Discussion' started by CQB, Aug 15, 2012.

1. CQB

CQB New Member

I want to know what I should upgrade in my G&P. I already know about the weak gears and piston, but what else do I need? How long can I expect the gun to run stock? Please link the items you recommend. I'm looking for 20 RPS +.

2. GreenListerine

GreenListerine New Member

18:1's, SHS piston, 11.1v lipo, MOSFET, 16awg wires, deans.. Of course, correct AoE and reshim

20rps is pretty simple

3. CQB

CQB New Member

I have read that some pistons rip up the cylinder head. Will that happen to mine or am I safe?

4. GreenListerine

GreenListerine New Member

If you use sorbo it will help

5. Lefse

Lefse Well-Known Member Supporting Member

You don't need an 11.1v li-po to achieve low 20's, most stock motors will do around 20rps with a good 7.4v li-po. If you want cheap and durable gears then JG is a good choice, if you have a bit more to spend then Lonex gears are good. If you have a large budget you can consider Siegetek gears, they will last the rest of your life at 20rps.

6. CQB

CQB New Member

What would be the most effective replacements for a low budget player.

7. Sharp

Sharp Member

Waukesha
    SHS, best internal parts you'll find for the money. 20 RPS is pretty freakin easy, especially with one of those G&P M120 motors you should have.

8. CQB

CQB New Member

Will a JG pistol hold up fine ?

9. RCV

RCV New Member

Have a paypal? I have an XYT gearset and JG piston I'd sell for $15 shipped. They can handle 20 rps like it's nothing.