G&P WOC Challenge kit

Discussion in 'Gun Building, Modifications & Repairs' started by Mr_Green420, Jan 2, 2013.

1. Mr_Green420

Mr_Green420 New Member

Hi everyone im new to this sight but I just bought a G&P challenge kit and I was wondering if any one has any suggestions on upgrades and things to look for..thanx alot

2. UrGirlfriendz

UrGirlfriendz New Member

Bridgewater
    First off, welcome to the forum, hope you like it here. But to get into it, one of the most important upgrades is going to be the hammer. The original one takes a lot of wear, so I would look for a hammer with rollers like this one:

http://www.evike.com/product_info.php?cPath=26_505&products_id=36016

This will prevent wear not only on your hammer but on your bolt carrier as well. Speaking of which, you may want to look into a steel bolt carrier if it does begin to wear down a lot.

Next item is the bolt catch. I've heard many stories of the stock one breaking after some use, so a nice steel one like this will help you in the future: http://www.evike.com/product_info.php?cPath=26_505&products_id=36028

And lastly, I have heard many more stories of the charging handle semi-breaking. I say semi-breaking because it still works, but it will no longer latch on to the receiver. If I were you, I would just pick up an extra one just incase it goes down mid-day, so you could make a quick, easy swap. http://www.evike.com/product_info.php?cPath=26_505&products_id=36012

That's about all I can think of that you may want to look in to as of now. I too hope to purchase a WOC challenge kit soon, so I wish the best to you in your kit. Good luck, and I hope this helped.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2013

3. Mr_Green420

Mr_Green420 New Member

Awsome thank u alot this is my first gun im converting from paintball so I need a lil help lol ive been watching Jedi in youtube and he recommended the same so I think imn gonna jus go with all steel internals over time and If anyone is from MA im lookin to find a good place to play!

4. UrGirlfriendz

UrGirlfriendz New Member

Bridgewater
    Awesome, great to see another paintballer making the switch. Oh, and one last thing, will you be running green gas or propane?

5. Mr_Green420

Mr_Green420 New Member

Oo ive done my research and to me I feel the ivestment for green gas is jus best for the gun and convenience so ill be running Green For sure

6. Mr_Green420

Mr_Green420 New Member

Ill also be buying a KWA Kriss Vector soon for CQB or the KWA MP9 not sure yet

7. UrGirlfriendz

UrGirlfriendz New Member

Bridgewater
    Sadly, I don't have much knowledge on the KRISS or the MP9, however, they are KWA GBBs, so you should be fine as long as you treat them well. But as to your decision for green gas, it is not necessarily any better. The only difference between propane and green gas is that green gas comes pre-lubed and smells better. With propane, you will save money in the long run, and all you have to do is add your own silicone for lube and you're set. In the long run, propane will be much more cost effective, especially if you're going to have two GBBs. That's just my $0.02, but you will be fine with either of the two gases.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2013
  8. airsoftsniper1998

airsoftsniper1998 New Member

Bowling Green
    I am looking for a 520mm inner barrel for a 20 inch outer barrel i am most likely going to buy for my G&P challenge kit and cannot find one at that length. Does anybody know of a gas blowback inner barrel that is around the 520mm length that is not overly expensive. A link of where you found the inner barrel would be highly appreciated.

9. bal1

bal1 New Member

You don't have too, green gas is 98.5 percent propane,1 percent silicone oil, .5 percent of a some lemon smelling stuff.
    When using propane, if you spray a fair amount of silicone oil into your propane adapter, it will lube you gun just as much or more (depending on how much you sprayed) as green gas, not to mention it's way cheaper.