G&P WOC-X problems

Discussion in 'Gas Powered Guns' started by Jenks, Dec 18, 2012.

1. Jenks

Jenks New Member

Hey guys, I have a few issues I hope you guys can help with. I picked up a G&P WOC-X challenge kit for a little project and the assembly went easy with out to much trouble. I loaded a King Arms magazine and after every shot the bolt would lock back. It was getting caught up on the bolt catch, after some research I decided to file down the mag catch a little. That fixed that problem and the bolt cycles great in full auto and semi.

Now here is my current problem, when load a magazine it get one shot chambered after the initial rack but then it will not feed another round unless you pull the charging handle back again. The magazine seems to have a lot of play in the mag well and is able to rock down when the bolt come forward and not load a round. If I keep forward pressure on the bottom of the mag it seems to help.

Is it possible to shim the mag well? Or is it a issue with my mags, I have 3 King Arms magazines and have the same issues with all 3. Could it also be I took to much off the mag catch? Or should I have adjusted somewhere else?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Jenks

2. Col1500

Col1500 New Member

Kent
    I've heard KA mags don't really work in the G&P line of WA customs, something about them conflicting with the bolt. I heard the fix is to use a KA bolt. That could very possibly fix your problem if I understand it correctly.

3. adas1223

adas1223 Active Member

stratford
    It is the King arms magazines most definitely. you should not have touched the mag catch. in order to fix the bolt issues, you need new G&P gas route buckings (lower) or the KA nozzle. dont even bother because the KA mags will only leak in the end, with close to nada on repairability. (they WILL break on repair)

throw those monstrosities away, and pick yourself up some G&P pmags, prowin v2, or GHK co2.

the feed issues i fixed with sanding the inner feed lips, but dont even bother. i went through the same dealeo as you are.

4. FSTK

FSTK Member

It sounds to me that there's not enough gas feeding through the loading nozzle to cycle the bolt fully. The fact, there's too much wobble in the magwell, compounds the issue further. Should not have used KA Mags in a G&P. You should get a new mag catch just to be safe.

[​IMG]

5. Jenks

Jenks New Member

Ok thanks guys, I was hesitant to buy new mags just to find out it is probably another issues. I will start looking around for some new mags.

Where is a good place to pick up some Prowins?

Besides Prowins what are the next best thing?

I will probably grab a steel mag catch and bolt catch just since I am placing a order.

But since I already have the KA mags I might try messing with the feed lips too see if I can salvage them or make them work for now.

Thanks
    Jenks

6. levirocks

levirocks #FreeNuggy Lifetime Supporter

arlington
    Make sure you get a steel bolt if you get a steel bolt catch as the bolt catch will tear up the point where the bolt and catch meet. Which then means you will need a steel trigger group.

7. adas1223

adas1223 Active Member

stratford
    you will pretty much need steel internals. ehobbyasia has prowin v2's usually instock.

as for the bolt catch, since you grinded it down, just put some tape to space it out. its not really a high stress point