1. 1911WW1Airsoft

1911WW1Airsoft New Member

Pittsburgh
    Is there any way to make a g&p dust cover/charging handle work, and if so can u tell me.

2. DAYWALKER

DAYWALKER New Member

Pasadena
    what do you want it to do?

3. 1911WW1Airsoft

Pittsburgh
    I want to pull the charging handle so the dust cover flips down. G&P's dust covers always stay down.

4. bludyknux

bludyknux New Member

Well, you can look for a dust cover that has a small pin and that doesn't have that big random nub that prevents it from closing. Most G&P's I see are like this. Someone also told me the charging handle stays in a locked position so it's easier to adjust your hop up.

5. armsofglory

armsofglory New Member

You can turn the spring by the dust cover that holds it down backwards. This might keep it open and flapping. If you want the whole thing to work such as the dust cover gets pulled into the reciever then this will take modifications.

6. IHOP

IHOP New Member

Rockton
    You can get a King Arms upper receiver with a functional bolt. Not only does the charging handle work and the dust cover is able to remain closed, but there's mock bolt underneath. The bolt catch holds the bolt back to adjust hopup.

7. armsofglory

armsofglory New Member

Sounds like a downgrade. I would wanna keep the G&P body. But ideas are ideas.

8. bludyknux

bludyknux New Member

It would need modifications, or another door. My shop sells some that don't have a large useless nub that hits the body when I try to close it. Try looking online for just the door piece. If you can't find one, I'll nab one next time I'm there.

9. Col1500

Col1500 Member

Kent
    It's easy guys, I've done it to mine before although I didn't keep it because I didn't like the look as much.

OP, all you do is take the receivers apart and take out the imitation bolt. It slides straight out. That'll allow you to close the cover.

If you want the cover to be more secure (it stays without this, but I think this would improve it) file down the catch on the cover (the piece that can move, spring loaded) on the edge closest to the cover, the edge that actually catches.

10. 1911WW1Airsoft

Pittsburgh
    I also have another question. What is the fps with .2g bbs on a G&P Magpul Licensed PTS MOE M4 Carbine, because I might get it and I would like to know what kind of bbs to use.

11. GunsnBones

GunsnBones New Member

It is around 400 fps so .25s or .28s would be fine.

12. 1911WW1Airsoft

Pittsburgh
    Thank you.
    I hate the 20 character rule.