G18 issues.....

Discussion in 'Gas Powered Guns' started by chumbro, Feb 7, 2012.

1. chumbro

chumbro New Member

wilsonville
    While runing my g18 through propane, the slide would pull back half way and release the gas. I have no Idea what caused this issue. It seems like the hammer gets stuck on the gas release nozzle and doesn't budge. Any help?

2. mk3supraholic

mk3supraholic New Member

LAKE ELSINORE
    my friend is having the same problem with his kwa usp match and we are looking for an answer as well

3. chumbro

chumbro New Member

wilsonville
    Ok.................................

4. Shiftyshooter

Shiftyshooter Learn from your mistakes. Lifetime Supporter

Prague
    You are not lubing the gun enough. When putting propane into the mag, get a drop of silicone oil in the valve. It will lube it. Do this before every fill.

5. chumbro

chumbro New Member

wilsonville
    Trust me I am lubing it. The slide is wet when I take it apart. And I have put silicon in the propane, but not after every use. Thanks.

6. Shiftyshooter

Shiftyshooter Learn from your mistakes. Lifetime Supporter

Prague
    Alright, try to take the valves apart and lubricate the o-rings well. If that does not help, there is a problem inside the mechanism. This procedure will help us to rule options out.

7. levirocks

levirocks #FreeNuggy Lifetime Supporter

arlington
  8. chumbro

chumbro New Member

wilsonville
    I have a KWA... Wish it was a TM.....

9. reedfe

reedfe New Member

WPB
    I'm not so sure kwa but I know that my we 1911 that problem happens every once in a while if the hop-up chamber is not screwed in tight enough. This also happened on my HFC g17. Try tightening those screws if there are any.

10. chumbro

chumbro New Member

wilsonville
    Quick update. After running my pistol a couple more times, the trigger would be pulled and nothing would happen. I do beleive this to be because of the hammer assembly, but i can't confirm it. Any help?

11. Venom337

Venom337 New Member

Call kwa to replace it

12. hubertos1

hubertos1 Member

Chum you have to clear PM space I can't message you.