G33/40 rifle with heer uniform?

Discussion in 'General Airsoft Discussion' started by brettcp97, Oct 9, 2012.

1. brettcp97

brettcp97 New Member

birmingham
    Alright I'm sorry if this is in the wrong section.
    I am getting a tanaka g33/40. I have done some reserch and found that the g33/40 was used by the gebirgsjauger in ww2. I have found out that the mountain troops were part of both the ss and the wehrmacht. I know that the mountain infantry wear a grey cap (“Bergmütze”) with an edelweiss on its left side, but I'm not sure what model tunic and pants the wehrmact mountain soldiers wore. If y'all could help me with the tunic and the field gear list that would be great.

2. brettcp97

brettcp97 New Member

birmingham
    I have found a list of gear finally. Does anybody know where to get tanaka g33/40 mags? Everywhere i have found them, they have been out of stock.

3. germanphoenix13

germanphoenix13 New Member

Fullerton
    Good luck on finding one; They've been out of production for a while now, if I remember correctly. You best bet is probably just getting a mag for their m700/m24 and reworking the rear magazine lock and floor plate.

4. soticman

soticman I like Koch Supporting Member

Sorry I was too late to help you on the gear. I come from a line of WW2 collectors starting with my great Uncle who served during the Battle of the Bulge. I collect WW2 German military items, and if you have any questions regarding anything WW2 German, especially Luftwaffe, Fallschirmjager or any of the awards, pm me. I will see what I can do. Anyways, what gear do you have? Are you focusing mainly on the Gerbigjager?

5. brettcp97

brettcp97 New Member

birmingham
    Right now i don't have anything but I am getting my money together. I plan on buying just the tunic,pants,hat, and boots first. I did plan on doing a strictly gebirgsjäger impression, but are there any other units that used the g33/40?

6. soticman

I believe the calvary may have been issued a small number of those rifles, but otherwise it was strictly GJ. As for uniform, that is a great start. Don't forget the edelweiss on the bergmutz, its iconic! :)

7. brettcp97

brettcp97 New Member

birmingham
    I won't! But does it matter ehich tunic and pants you use? Like m39 or m40?

8. soticman

http://www.worldwar2reenactors.com/GEBIRGSJAGERuniforms.html
    This is a great site if you haven't seen it already, Anyways, the I believe the GJ wore a series of special trousers, starting with the M36 Berghosen in which the leg of the trousers actually attached to the mountain boots. Then they came out with the M42 Keilhosen, which were sort of stretchy, like ski pants and could be worn with mountain boots, jack boots, and the infantry low boot. These were actually field grey instead of the original infantry stone gray. As for a tunic they were field grey and the common ones were M36 or M40 with GJ waffenfarbe piping and shoulder boards along with the edelweiss on the right sleeve. What awards are you planning on using?

9. brettcp97

brettcp97 New Member

birmingham
    Thank you so much for that link it will come in handy. Right im focusing on the clothing mainly, but eventually i would like to get some low rank insignia. What kinds of awards/insignia do you think would be nice without overloading the look?

10. soticman

Definitely the edelweiss for the cap and tunic. For awards i would suggest a Black or silver wound badge, Eisern Kreuz 2nd class even 1st class too if you would like. It depends on if you want to be combat decorated you could have an infantry or general assault badge. Here is another great link but this time, for awards and insignia.
    http://wehrmacht-awards.com

11. brettcp97

brettcp97 New Member

birmingham
    Thank you very much you've helped a lot.

12. soticman

No problem, anymore questions just pm me. .