G36 upgrades

Discussion in 'Gun Building, Modifications & Repairs' started by ACIDEEL177, Oct 25, 2012.

1. ACIDEEL177

ACIDEEL177 New Member

I have a JG G36 and I was wondering what I could do to give it more range and maybe make it more accurate. I want to do this because I kind of want to make it sort of a DMR.

2. siegingpanda

siegingpanda New Member

seattle
    tbb. madbull 6.03 g&g buckings are nice so are madbull. i would look into a rhop modification for best range results.also prommy barrels work well with the rhop because of window size.

3. TheAirsoftTech

TheAirsoftTech New Member

If want to do better, get a Promitheus barrel and a Lonex bucking; perfect compression and get a new spring (not a heavy one yet, just replace it with an equivalent spring, JG spring's degrade quick.) You need way more than this to make your gun a DMR.

4. M4Ever

M4Ever New Member

San Antonio
    I've got a good amount of experience with JG G36's, but I haven't tried or know one that's a DMR. I can say that one of the best results as far as hopups I've seen in a JG G36 is an Angel Custom (the red on). The barrels named are good for what you need. Do you have a G36c or a G36?

5. ACIDEEL177

ACIDEEL177 New Member

Well I'm not looking to make it a 100% DMR, I just want something I could use as like a short to mid range sniper as well as an assault rifle. If that makes any sence. Also M4Ever I have the full sized G36.

6. champo98

champo98 New Member

DMR takes alot if upgrading money. The G36K is a longer gun, so I would assume better for dmr barrel legenth ect. I was going to do the same thing, but gave up. If it is a g36c you may want to find a long silencer or barrel extension to put a longer barrel in it for better range.

7. ACIDEEL177

ACIDEEL177 New Member

Actually the G36K is between the G36 and G36C. The "K" stands for Kurtz (not 100% sure on the spelling) but its German for short. I have the G36 or G36E (E meaning export).

8. TheAirsoftTech

TheAirsoftTech New Member

Alright, if you want a good assault rifle that has good range, try putting an m120 spring in it, your FPS should float around 410-420 FPS (what's your field limit?) depending on your compression. But you will need other parts upgraded like: motor, piston head, piston, hop-up, barrel, and bushings to make it reliable. Maybe an R-hop.

Also, re-shim gears, and correct AOE.

9. ACIDEEL177

ACIDEEL177 New Member

I don't play on an actual field, me and my friends build a field. But we try to keep our guns no higher than 450 FPS. But a new spring would add more range? Because I'm kinda just looking on doing the minimum but if I need all that I can probably do it.

10. M4Ever

M4Ever New Member

San Antonio
    If you're going to be DMR creating, pursue 1) precise hop up tuning, 2) perfect air pressure an 3) trigger response. Those things IMO are the hands down keys to a good DMR. Barrel length and a relatively powerful spring (appropriately) are important too, but not as necessary.

11. ACIDEEL177

ACIDEEL177 New Member

What would it do if I just got a new barrel and a better spring?

12. L5132

L5132 New Member

Duluth
    Yup, Kurtz. If your G36 has the dual optic system (the carry handle scope with a red dot on top, you have a G36, anything else, it's a G36E.

13. M4Ever

M4Ever New Member

San Antonio
  14. ACIDEEL177

ACIDEEL177 New Member

Thanks I'll start with those two and continue with the rest if I need it.

15. M4Ever

M4Ever New Member

San Antonio
    You mean points 1 & 2? Or a spring and barrel is what you're starting with?

And take a looksy at the threads posted above. Perfect stuff for what you need.

16. ACIDEEL177

ACIDEEL177 New Member

Your points, and I going to to try to see what I can learn from the threads. This is the first time I ever up graded any kind of airsoft gun. So I'm just trying to get as much info as I can before I dive into it.

17. M4Ever

M4Ever New Member

San Antonio
    That's great. It's gonna be frustrating at times. But there is nothing better than that feeling of knowing you just owned that guy with a gun you BUILT, not just bought with your wallet. Stick with it. Goodluck and Godspeed.

18. ACIDEEL177

ACIDEEL177 New Member

Thank you soo much for your help:D If i have any more questions ill probally post them here.

19. ACIDEEL177

ACIDEEL177 New Member

I know it's been a while, but I have enough money to start making the up grades. What would guys recommend? Like brands and what to do first?