Airsoft Forum banner

G36C Competition Series Feeding Problems

2K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  Guges Mk3 
#1 ·
Hey guys. So I got a H&K G36C Competition Series AEG and its been having some feeding problems with the hicap mag it came with (Idk if it does it with aftermarket mags because I don't have any other g36 mags). So its been feeding like this: fed, not fed, fed, not fed, etc. Basically in that pattern. I don't know if its the gun or the mag. The mag is in there pretty good with little to no wobble and I sprayed silicone in it. The battery has a strong charge as well. Any tips? Has anyone else had this problem with this gun and have any tips to fix it?

#4 ·
(Snip) The mag is in there pretty good with little to no wobble and I sprayed silicone in it. The battery has a strong charge as well.(snip)
Don't do that. There is absolutely no reason to do this. The oil will now slowly cause your mag to gum up with dirt as it puts a film on your bb's causing whole other issues with hop-up performance and bb accuracy.

You have the 400 round high cap, right? Did you fully wind the mag or did you just give it a few spins on the wheel? It sounds like you never wound the mag up correctly.

#5 ·
You might just need to try using a few different brand mags. Or you can try shimming your magwell with some soft velcro to push the dispensing hole on the mag closer to the feed tube of your magwell. Definitely a lot of trial and error these things.

#6 ·
Easy test for your mag. Fill it up, wind it up all the way and then press the release catch on top. If the BBs shoot out, it's not an issue of magazine feeding strength. If it's more of a splurt effect, you're probably still good, but it may be compounding your issue. If they barely trickle out, you should probably throw it away and burn it with fire.

To test mag to hopup fitment, see if the mag can be moved forwards or backwards in the magwell at all, and if it can, see if the gun feeds better when doing so.

#7 ·
Here is a video of winding up a good hicap.

It takes almost a whole minute to wind it up. Listen for the slip twang at the end. You will know it's fully wound then.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.