G36C DMR upgrade

Discussion in 'Gun Building, Modifications & Repairs' started by sonsofthepatriots1, Dec 6, 2012.

1. sonsofthepatriots1

sonsofthepatriots1 Active Member

I am looking to turn my JG G36C into essentially a sniper rifle to match my play style with CQB capabilities along with long range decimation. The stock barrel length is 247mm/9.7 inches, the barrel i want to put into it is 363mm/14.3in. I will be getting a 4.5 in outer barrel extension to accommodate the added length along with putting the stock flash hider back on. For the gearbox i will be replacing everything to pull the m150 spring i want. Is there anything else i should know or do before going through with this?

2. Napple

Napple New Member

Only thing you should know is that you can have a cqb gun and a dmr. But never the same in one... An m150 will be in the upper 400s and that is too fast for cqb. Choose one. Plus a dmr should realy have a longer barrel than 363mm. But if that's what you want, that's fine

3. Star_folder

Star_folder New Member

Lexington
    CQB and DMR don't mix. I wouldn't shoot someone with an M150 in my gun up close. It's just mean. Unless you play without rules, you'll need to either make an accurate CQBR, or a DMR, you can't build both.

4. sonsofthepatriots1

I'm going to have 2 separate gearboxes that i will be swapping out for each role. The DMR will be mostly when I am out in the woods with friends where I love to snipe but need a higher ROF for supressive fire.

5. Napple

Napple New Member

Alright that'll work but i still wouldnt consider a 363mm barrel dmr length. You should keep the 255(was that the number?) for cqb and get a 470mm for outdoor with a very long suppresor or outer barrel

6. Lefse

Lefse Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Firstly, barrel length is more or less irrelevant for accuracy and range. Secondly, why not take the best from both worlds and build an accurized assault rifle? Basically it's just a moderately powered, full auto DMR, all of the accuracy and compression mods are the same. With R-hop and heavy rounds you can get well above 200 feet effective range with CQB friendly power.

7. Napple

Napple New Member

I understand when people say barrel length doesnt have much to do with range but a properly tuned r hopped barrel should be more accurate if it is longer.

8. sonsofthepatriots1

Close it was a 247mm. Ok that sounds reasonable. Thanks for the help.

9. sonsofthepatriots1

what parts would you recommend because that sounds allot easier than running 2 separate GB's?

10. Napple

Napple New Member

Either way you would have to have a different spring for cqb. R hopping isnt hard. There is a guide for it in the stickies

11. averageairsofter

averageairsofter New Member

Menifee
    Pometheus 363mm 6.03 tbb and an r-hop, as well as a better air nozzle(shs are pretty good), compression mods, keep stock spring, and get a good 7.4v 20-30c lipo from somewhere like hobbyking NOT an airsoft site where they charge you like 3 times what they should, and a balance charger to charge your lipos and you should be good. All that will give you 18-20 rps, very good accuracy, and the ability to hit targets from 200 feet without too much difficulty.

12. Lefse

Lefse Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Why? Exactly why is a longer barrel more accurate? If longer barrels are more accurate, then why is it possible to achieve 200+ feet effective range with a 140mm barrel? My MP5K has a 140mm TM barrel, and it has nearly 200 feet effective range with just a standard hop and .25g BB's, shooting 1J. With R-hop and heavier BB's it would go well beyond 200 feet. I just don't buy the claim about longer barrels being more accurate. My AUG has the longest barrel of all my guns, but still it's not more accurate at all, I'm actually struggling with making it as accurate as my shorter barreled guns.

13. sonsofthepatriots1

i changed my mind on the barrel length upgrade now knowing it makes little to no difference. Should I still upgrade my gearbox or just get better quality parts? along with what powered spring should i get if any?

14. averageairsofter

averageairsofter New Member

Menifee
    Just keep the same spring the stock one is strong enough.

15. Napple

Napple New Member

It's mostly the brand of the barrel and obviously bucking. But if you took that mp5k barrel and lengethened it by twice as much (figuratively of course) it would be more accurate than it is shorter

16. muntjac13

muntjac13 Member

Foster City
    I'd probably do compression mods to it first, probably swap out parts as they break. I heard some people claim that the r-hop works better with a madbull barrel compared to a prommy barrel but I cannot verify that for myself. Now the thing with r-hops is that they are more or less designed to be tuned to a specific bb weight. I would think you would be running .2s-.25s in cqb and .28s+ for sniping. Which means you gotta play with the r-hop a lot since they are EXTREMELY sensitive. So keep that in mind when you are upgrading. Perhaps maybe run a consistent 400 fps gun, and just have two seperate r-hopped barrels for each?

17. SilentVectorX

SilentVectorX New Member

San Angelo
    It's not really *that* massively sensitive. I shoot everything from .23g to .32g in my regular R-hop.

18. Ehudakineyah

Ehudakineyah New Member

Mililani
    Lol that comes down to the person doing the tech work xD doesn't really matter what barrel you use

You can use a stock inner barrel, combined with a good hop bucking, r-hop, and achieve good range and accuracy and consistency.

Ummm... Again, it comes down to the tech work done to the barrel and r-hop patch.

I can use .2's-.3's in my r-hop just fine. And at 480 fps. I suggest shimming the hop chamber itself. Takes a little more force to change the hop up, but doesn't move.

Up to you. If you're playing CQB, a R-Hop wouldn't really matter. Just grab a good hop bucking and call it done.
    For field, you would need to install a r-hop, or just go down the h-nub/w-nub routes. Then you can just have the same barrel for each gearbox.

Or you can have 2 G36 lowers, like what I do.

19. Mystery43_4

Mystery43_4 New Member

Santa Barbara
    A Prommy is a better barrel than a Madbull. However the Prommy window is fairly shallow, not making it great for dropping in an R-Hop. A Madbull is a bit deeper, making it a better fit stock. Both should be modified when installing the contact patch though, so neither one is better than the other.

20. Ehudakineyah

Ehudakineyah New Member

Mililani
    Very true. Gotta try the Elongated r-hop patch :)

Looks cool. Must work great :)

You make your own?

I'm trying to find different materials to use.