G4's VS. JG's

Discussion in 'What Gun Should I Get?' started by jman79, Oct 24, 2012.

1. jman79

jman79 New Member

memphis
    Alright, so im trying to help my friend get a gun, and he is set on M4 RIS. He wants a red dot and such, and also wants it to look pretty unique:) So, the airsoft gi G4 A-'s look really good externally, but i am wondering how they compare internally with the JG's reliability.

So, which gun is best: gi G4-A3 Stock vs JG M4 RIS (not s system) with a tad bit of internal upgrades?

thanks,
    J

2. Star_folder

Star_folder New Member

Lexington
    the G4s have nice externals, and decent internals. JGs have alright externals and good internals, once you tune them. G&G's are a little better put together, but the motors are often weak, and the wire thin. If you're going to open up and do a little internal work regardless of the gun, might as well get the one with the nicer externals unless the decision is price dependent.

3. Leonidas

Leonidas New Member

Des Moines
    This. My opinion, go with the G4

4. Rusty34

Rusty34 New Member

Corneria
    It's a case of what you want, externals or internals? JG for internals, G&G/CM/G4 for externals. I would personally get a JG since the barrel on most CMs are multi piece and fall off quickly while JG has a one piece barrel.

5. jman79

jman79 New Member

memphis
    What do you mean by decent? How much work would need to be done to them in order to make them preform good and reliably? Reliability is near the top of his list, by the way:)

I think one the g4's they are one piece, if I'm not mistaken:/

6. Star_folder

Star_folder New Member

Lexington
    Good > decent. The G&G's internals are pretty good, shimmed better than JG's are when stock, the gears themselves can handle up to an M150. The piston and piston head are fine. The motor is usually good.

7. jman79

jman79 New Member

memphis
    If we were to replace anything internally, what would be top priority in order to have it be reliable and such....

Thank you soooo much hoe helping me out:)

8. Rusty34

Rusty34 New Member

Corneria
    Sorry I think yeah some of the G4s have an added one piece barrel. Whenever I hear G4, I assume out of the body CM but with a RIS.

9. Star_folder

Star_folder New Member

Lexington
    Calling Me A Hoe?!?!! Rereading your posts can go a long way. There's a reason it's a rule here ;)

The thing that's most likely to be bad is the motor in the G&G, next is the wiring. The rest of the gearbox is strong enough to handle any field set up, and some lower powered DMR set ups. Just be sure to correct the AoE of the piston and make sure the gears are shimmed well.

10. jman79

jman79 New Member

memphis
    Haha, sorry. autocorrect probably:p

Alright, which motor should I go with if its going to be mainly for field? (400 fps). Also, if you know, how is the accuracy compare to JG?

11. Star_folder

Star_folder New Member

Lexington
    The accuracy is likely to be better than the JG out of the box. The G&G hop ups are some of the best stock hop ups on the market.

I'd go for a Lonex motor, get the Lonex A1, it's a little faster than the rest, giving you a nicer rate of fire.