Gamers, What are you playing right now

Discussion in 'Staging Area' started by Chow, Mar 5, 2011.

1. dubyas1989

dubyas1989 New Member

saranac
    "backs slowly out of thread and back to mgs v."

2. Qetrw3

Qetrw3 Member

*brings you back in...menacingly*

3. Munishin

Munishin Well-Known Member

Goodyear
    60 hours into mgs v and still only 23% in. Send help.

4. dubyas1989

dubyas1989 New Member

saranac
    dude i know im like 19% in and i have been playing for days straight, i need to fulton recover myself out of my living room.

5. Rushin

Rushin Well-Known Member

Kalamazoo

As someone who has never followed the metal gear series out of disinterest, is this an open world game?

6. dubyas1989

dubyas1989 New Member

saranac
    this one is yes, its kinda like farcry3/4 now, it has outposts and bases scattered around you can capture, you can also steal the enemies equipment to outfit your own private army, pretty cool. but it is different from past gmes in the series.

7. Rushin

Rushin Well-Known Member

Kalamazoo
    Wow... I really should pick it up now...

8. Mkeesh

Mkeesh Member

San Ramon zip 94583
    As a first time mgs player I am loving the freedom. Played ground zero and was impressed but whole different level here. Quiet is my favorite buddy with her surpressed tranq gun we can clear out whole outposts without alarms than extract everyone lol. Pick it up you work be dissapointed.

Now to look at this shower simulator everyone's talking about :p

9. imnotcrazy777

imnotcrazy777 Active Member Supporting Member

There's a big humble bundle sale going on currently.

Also playing MGSV, so much fun.

10. Graywolf75

Graywolf75 New Member

El Cajon
    Fallout New Vegas, in anticipation for fallout 4. Playing thru all GOOD fallout games for my first time, already beat 1, 2, and 3.

11. Rushin

Rushin Well-Known Member

Kalamazoo

I fear for my life, Fallout 4 will consume it...

12. Qetrw3

Qetrw3 Member

Anyone got any luck with hardcore servers on BF4? PS4?

13. Munishin

Goodyear
    This precisely and a month before my finals. Devs seem to get off on this sick timing scheisse.

14. deathmechanic

deathmechanic Active Member

Davis
    Thinking about preordering Tales of Zestiria I remember being in 5th grade playing Tales of Symphonia. Played a few of the recent Tales game and surprisingly they have held up well and can still be difficult at times.

Other than that playing a ton of Hearthstone.

15. Steeljaw36

Steeljaw36 Member

Millsboro
    Mad max. Because, Carthartic

16. Rushin

Rushin Well-Known Member

Kalamazoo

Is it good? I heard the world was a little meh.

17. ExtremMilSimOP

ExtremMilSimOP New Member

I've been trying out quite a few different games with my recent venture into PC gaming.

Insurgency is still really fun, but I've found myself gravitating towards the co-op modes instead of competitive. There are still quite a few things that need to be ironed out in the standard multiplayer, and they're agitating enough that I'd rather just play the co-op instead. It's still quite fun, even with randoms.

Left 4 Dead 2 has been great as well. It's a good time-sink when nobody is online to group with, and the controls are fantastic. I love just running through dishing out headshots with a shotgun, and it has greatly improved my capabilities with a mouse against moving targets.

I completely played through Mirror's Edge in just a few sittings. I've beaten it 3 or 4 times on the PS3, and wanted to try it on the PC to see the difference and practice with a mouse.

I bought BF3, but I think it was a bit of a mistake, as there seems to be almost no PC servers left running anything besides Noshar TDM and stupid instant vehicle spawn Firestorm/Caspian. Oh well.

I've also been having some fun on Rainbow 6 Vegas 2 with Savethegame14. It would be great if we could get a full AS squad running in that game, but I don't see it happening.

Overall, the transition into PC gaming has been pretty great so far. I'll probably be playing a majority of my single-player games on PC from now on, and buying any multiplayer titles that the clan is interested in on PS4. The hardest part about using M/KB has been switching between that and a controller on nights when I group with the clan on Planetside 2.

18. I_Am_Coopa

I_Am_Coopa New Member Supporting Member

Escanaba
    Insurgency co-op is great. The bots are actually challenging if you're not careful.

I love kb/m, but some games need a controller (FIFA, skyrim to name a few). Some I can do both, gta v. It just depends on how well a company does the scheme.

19. axlej11

axlej11 Active Member Supporting Member

Freeland
    Never played Rainbow Six. I might pick it up on PC. Id join up with you guys.

20. Munishin

Goodyear
    @ExtremMilSimOP

Speaking as someone with 500 hours in L4D2, be careful of that community. The PVP'rs take that game way too seriously for something that doesn't even have ranks or unlocks in any way shape or form. If you stick to just playing campaign online it's a lot of fun. You'll run into all kinds of personas.

@I_Am_Coopa

Whatchutalkinboutwillis? Skyrim plays perfect on M+KB. In fact any modern FPS/RPG does for the most part.

@axlej11

You may as well wait for Siege to come out. Then again it's no where near worth the full price they're charging. As far as I know there's no SP and after briefly playing one of the past beta's it's very clunky with little to offer. Personally I cannot wait until the game releases and it gets panned after all this hype surrounding it. It feels like a dumbed down version of SWAT or even the past R6 games just to appeal to the masses.

Apologies on the usage of @. I screwed up quotes and didn't feel like going back to fix it.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2015