Gaming pc

Discussion in 'Staging Area' started by d3athtou, Aug 1, 2012.

1. d3athtou

d3athtou Member

Hey guys I am going to get a pc some time in the near future and I have pick out what I think would be good. Tell me what you think.

Acer amd athlon ii x4 645. 3.10 ghz 1tb

And the graphics card I am thinking about getting

Force 3d amd ati radeon hd 6450 2gb

I need this set up to run bfbc 2 and bf3 well...

Thanks!

2. VTMZ

VTMZ Active Member

Paducah
    First, what's your budget? I can make you a good parts list

3. d3athtou

d3athtou Member

Right now that set up with a 100 bucks for steam games is 447.99 so I guess my budget without games is 450-500.

4. VTMZ

VTMZ Active Member

Paducah
    That's a pretty low budget but I'll try

5. d3athtou

d3athtou Member

Sooo what I have right now wouldn"t work.

6. VTMZ

VTMZ Active Member

Paducah
    A little above $500 but it's better than what you had.

PCPartPicker part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/dCLr
    Price breakdown by merchant: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/dCLr/by_merchant/
    Benchmarks: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/dCLr/benchmarks/

CPU: Intel Core i3-2120 3.3GHz Dual-Core Processor ($119.00 @ Mac Connection)
    Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-H61M-S2H Micro ATX LGA1155 Motherboard ($56.98 @ NCIX US)
    Memory: Samsung 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($46.99 @ Newegg)
    Storage: Samsung Spinpoint F3 500GB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($59.99 @ Newegg)
    Video Card: Sapphire Radeon HD 7770 1GB Video Card ($126.97 @ Newegg)
    Case: Rosewill Blackbone ATX Mid Tower Case ($44.98 @ Newegg)
    Power Supply: OCZ 600W ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply ($39.98 @ NCIX US)
    Optical Drive: LG GH24NS90 DVD/CD Writer ($16.99 @ Newegg)
    Total: $511.88
    (Prices include shipping and discounts when available.)
    (Generated by PCPartPicker 2012-08-01 20:33 EDT-0400)

Also for the OS... Yarr

7. d3athtou

d3athtou Member

So... Thats the cheapest I could go? I don't think I want to build one from the ground up... What was the problem with what I had picked out? Couldn't I just get a decent pc and drop a good graphics card in it then it would work? Because summer is ending and I am going to have to stArt into high school I won't have as much work time to work with school happening (I am homeschooled so I can work more than a public schooler) ...........

Any way. Sorry that's To much money. Any other ideas?

8. rich635

rich635 Active Member

Los Angeles
    Linux? lol. The budget is low, IF you can get more money, then wait. If not, Paducah's list is pretty decent. However, you could also just cut back on the games, and buy those later, when there are huge sales like Cyber Monday and the Steam Summer sale.

EDIT: For many stock PCs (Dell, HP, etc) they don't have extra PCI-e slots, large enough cases or good enough power supplies.

9. d3athtou

d3athtou Member

Would you guys have an option if I just wanted to get a computer and a card?

10. d3athtou

d3athtou Member

Also for the games I wanted to start out with bfbc2 bfbc2 nam, the orange box garrys mod and bfbc2 spectact that's 65 bucks... I just wanted a 100 for steam so I could get game that go on sale and what not.

11. d3athtou

d3athtou Member

What about a USB graphics card?

12. Radar159

Radar159 New Member

A really good gaming PC goes for over 1k, so you will have to save up. i would only go with EVGA graphics cards, because they are very powerful and reliable.

13. Darek

Darek Member

All of you out of the way, the Mac mini( I currently own one) is a perfect gaming computer and if you have the newest pc software It can even become a pc I once set off 500 TNT in minecraft with no lag whatsoever I even did the same on a server with no lag I also have even beat survival on games (200+ enemies at a time) with no lag and it is even only 600 dollars I even have ran minecraft servers off of it and the people thought it was some $2000 pc specifically made for servers also on the Internet I have never seen a "buffering" and in games when people are saying LAGGGGGG I am saying what is this lag You speak of.this is all a 100% stock Mac mini

14. VTMZ

VTMZ Active Member

Paducah
    You be trolling dawg

15. Darek

Darek Member

No I'm Actualy not I own a Mac mini and I use it for gaming and I get over 80 fps on games and when I hook it up to my dads 55inch flat screen minecraft is epic
    Macs outperform pcs any day

16. VTMZ

VTMZ Active Member

Paducah
    Lol.
    (20 characters)

17. Darek

Darek Member

Well a stock Mac is better then an upgraded pc try it buy a mac and a pf and see which is faster

18. VTMZ

VTMZ Active Member

Paducah
    If I had the money I would.. Actually no.. I'd never buy a mac. I'm building my own PC. No time for a hipster computer

19. Darek

Darek Member

Actualy most people are using macs since they are better really a $600 Mac easily outperforms a $1000+ pc

20. BlackWolfAirsoft

BlackWolfAirsoft New Member

But macs are EXTREMELY irritating to deal with sometimes. Id rather a PC.