Gas airsoft pistol

Discussion in 'Gas Powered Guns' started by nman976, Dec 23, 2012.

1. nman976

nman976 New Member

I was looking for a gas airsoft pistol in the range of $80-$130 gas blowback metal. A good one to go into a field with.

2. MR38

MR38 New Member

Washington
    That is a good budget for KJW GBB pistols. Stay away from We-Tech pistols the are crap and will not last you long.

3. C-4man

C-4man New Member

Comox Valley
    I agree with mike38 stay away from We-Tech and look at KJW, KWA, Echo1 lines of GBB pistols.

4. MR38

MR38 New Member

Washington
    If you're looking at KWA please say away from the ATP it also has itself some problems.

5. nman976

nman976 New Member

I got a we tech 1911 desert warrior gas blowback 5.1, is that good?

6. Maxuhmize

Maxuhmize New Member

OKC
    His first post in this thread said to stay away from WEs. It'll break here pretty soon I bet. They're fun while they last though!

7. DadCRO

DadCRO New Member

HFC isn't a terrible company either. I have an HFC M9 and it hasn't failed me yet. However, with your budget, I'd get a KJW.

8. CoppertopNeasg

CoppertopNeasg New Member

Boston
    It is bad and you should feel bad for not listening to the advice of those with more experience than you. :(

9. Lil_Shady

Lil_Shady Administrator Staff Member Lifetime Supporter

Lay off a little guys. OP, your choice wasn't great, but there is a silver lining. The WE pistols are compatible with TM parts/upgrades, so as your pistols starts breaking down, you can start upgrading it to be a much better performer.

10. nman976

nman976 New Member

Well what would be a good gas pistol. Maybe besides fudging people you could actually help me find a good gun. I see WE TECHS unreliability and I will sell the pistol. What KWA pistol would be good. I do like the 1911 models and might adapt to some reccomendation. Something under $150. I would prefer full metal but shoot me an idea!

11. DadCRO

DadCRO New Member

Maybe the KJW that was recommended in the first post?

12. Seanzky

Seanzky New Member

I see your budget and there are many GBB pistols in that range. I would say KJW is on top for that price range because to me when buying a pistol, whether to field or just to shoot targets, I would always recommend a second magazine. For you to consider a KWA, you'd have to bump up your budget significantly to make room for the magazine, too. Also you said full metal. At $150, you won't find a KWA like that.

KJW is a good brand, as most Taiwanese manufacturers are as opposed to the Chinese ones. I personally bought a KJW M9 which will be here any day now. I'm confident it will be just as awesome as my KWA USPc.

13. Lil_Shady

Honestly if I were you I'd keep it and upgrade it as it breaks. Otherwise buy a KJW not a KWA.

14. nman976

nman976 New Member

It broke and I am gonna send it back to them.
    Is this a. Good replacement?
    http://www.airsplat.com/Items/GP-KJW-1911-M.htm

15. Lil_Shady

Yup, great pistol. It'll last you a good long while.

16. BerettaShotgun

BerettaShotgun New Member

Yes... And no. I've been on the forum a lot before I made my account, so I know that you know what you are talking about.

BUT

Yes. As far as durability... Absolutely. My friend has one and it feels very well built. Way better than my old WE. However, the mag holds 25rds, and on a full mag full of green gas you can get 7 shots, 10 max. In 85 degree weather. It seems that it is very inefficient.

I own a kwa M9, and I was going to buy a kwa 1911 also, but I wanted something cheaper than $170, so I turned to KJW. (I target shoot with a 1911 gold cup, but due to .45 ammo being so expensive I turned to the 9mm for a while). My WE was my Airsoft version of my Colt, and i bought my kwa at the same time, and my we broke within a month. my kwa is working fine. But back to the point. I want a single stack Tatictal 1911, but the only reason I don't have one yet is because of the mag issues I have encountered. Do you have a solution?

17. nman976

nman976 New Member

Do you have it? I wasn't sure if it would accept regular propane and since the KWA m9 PTP won't use it without breaking, I was hesitant.

18. Lil_Shady

As per the gas efficiency, try using a full container of gas, I've seen that kind of issue happen on empty tanks, and ive never seen a KJW have that low of gas efficiency.

It's not a mag issue it's a gas issue, the KJW will be fine.

Had it. There are few mainstream GBB pistols that I haven't owned. It can and will outperform a KWA, and the gas efficiency is much better than the previous poster stated.

19. nman976

nman976 New Member

So will it get a whole mag on a good tank of cole an propane? I use green gas every so often.

20. Lil_Shady

Yes it will. Depending on the weather of course. If it's cold any gas pistol will have efficiency issues.